Freepik designers question

Hello,

There are a lot of good designs on the FreePik site, which shows that they were designed by professional designers. Is Designing For Freepik Really Profitable?

regards,
Saeed

You’ll find a lot are repurposed and sold on other sites. You’ll need to make a lot of relevant ones.

I noticed a trend of starting a pack of say icons, then breaking them up into different sets and individual.

Then you’ll need to cross sell on other platforms.

A friend and I were going to do it at one stage but the more we looked into it the less attractive it was due to the sheer amount of work required.

You might have luck

1 Like

What’s the point of cross selling on other platforms when Freepik is
free?
I do a lot of image acq and these days, if I find something I like, I sometimes do a reverse image search to see where else it turns up maybe cheaper. Free is cheaper. This is usually illustration type stuff, like those icons you mentioned.

I dunno if you’ve ever read Freepik’s user licensing. If you did, you’d never use the service. Like most stock companies, their indemnity clause is daunting, let alone trying to tease out if your usage is permissible under their rules.

I often find many designers works across many platforms from freepik to pexels to istock to others.
All at different prices. Some free some not.
Some on Getty for 100s and some on free sites for free.

As a designer the more your work gets seen on many platforms the more chances of hitting a download. And the more chances of getting paid more.

I get the multiple platforms thing.
But not the Free thing.
Anyone doing their due diligence is going to find the free one.
And quite honestly, with what I call Penny Stocks (or credit-based-Royalty Free) it is very rare that I care who the contributor is so much that I’ll go looking for something else of theirs. It’s the image relevance that’s important, and as long as the image resolution is good and the credit line doesn’t read Freepik / DogPukeFrogLeggs or something equally stupid, it’s going to be the free one. (Actually we wouldn’t pay for it either, if that was the credit line, LOL!)
But maybe that’s just me

Well I’ve found stock images on nefarious sites too. So you might find a ripped off one on a free site.

LOL, yes. That is true. And on some not so nefarious sites too. That is why it’s almost necessary to do a reverse lookup on just about everything these days. I’ve tracked down original sources and on more than one occasion found they were in the process of having their lawyer issuing C&Ds on the image. So things you might see everywhere are not really as orphaned as you might think.

I reported someone on a rather well known stock site not too long ago for for a trademark infringement.

And I’ve gone round and round with another not quite so prestigious but ubiquitous site on some of the ‘public domain’ material some of their posters offer. Don’t tell me “the image is old and therefore pixellated” when a) The painting was photographed in 2015, not 1870, and b) I can show you the website it was lifted from
 (btw, the image is still offered.)

I’ve reported some in the past too.

Once for a transport logo in my own country that clearly had the logo lifted from a stock image. They never did get the rights to it. But still use it to this day and nobody has said anything to them.

I pointed it out to them. They disagreed.

So I created my own logo using the same stock image and sent it to them.
They told me I can’t do that and threatened me that I was infringing their copyright

I just laughed.

You might try browsing the forum at https://www.microstockgroup.com/. They are more oriented to the business of creating and selling stock.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.