Geometric Design

Hello.

I brace myself to try a geometric design, and I come up with this geometric design that i did.

Feel free to comment, really appreciate any feedback for me to improve

Sincerely,
Melissa Christine

2 Likes

That’s more art than design, but it is marketable enough nonetheless. If it fulfills your artistic vision, then it’s good.

I agree with HotButton’s comment about it being more art than design. Although it could be used as part of a larger design piece.

That said, I think you did a good job with this. The color palette is nice, and the overall layout and balance is pleasing. My only suggestion would be to look at a couple of different options for the top right box. I don’t mind the diagonal color split; but, with the circle being on the smaller side, it really emphasizes the diagonal which seems a little out of place with the others.

I’m liking the posters. They have something of a 1960s look.

Over the past couple of months, I’ve been doing some corporate visual branding work for a software technology company. I’ve quietly tried to steer things in this kind of geometric, flat, colorful direction as a way of differentiating them from their competitors. It seems to be just a couple of steps beyond their comfort zone of expectations, however, and they’re pushing back.

On the bandwagon with this being art not design per se. I see it more of a poster type visual and I love it. I would hang it up :slight_smile: I’m diggin’ the 60’s vibe.

Looks good!! I like it. I designed something similar recently… Colors look good. I’d hang it!!