Getting back in the mix

hi. I used to post around here a lot but got out of the mix for one reason or another. in 2020, I lost a job I’d had for over 20 years. now, I’m with another company but not quite feeling the camaraderie that I had before. covid remote working hasn’t helped. in short, I feel like I need to contribute it some way so I’m going to try to get back in the mix here again.

there are some familiar names still here, which is comforting. I hope to be able to provide some assistance or perspective. I’ve been a designer for over 30 years and I’ve never felt less connected to the world than I am now. so, bear with me and hopefully I can become a constructive member of the GDF community again. thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back mojo :slight_smile:

I’m sorry about your job. That’s a long time to work for a company.

Feel free to dive right in here if you see something you can help with. Everyone will appreciate it :blue_heart:

Thanks, RKK. good to be back among friends and designers again!

1 Like

Welcome back.

Make up you mind – can’t have both. (I jest, of course.)

1 Like

bwahaha!

Welcome back Mojo!

Thanks, Craig!

WB Mojoprime :slight_smile:
I’m working from home too since March last year so I know what you mean. It’s not so bad though.

Hi, Mojoprime. As others have said, welcome back. :grinning:

What you’ve described is largely my situation too. After decades at various companies and agencies, I’ve found myself working remotely for my own clients. It’s going OK, but I really miss the casual day-to-day interactions with co-workers and clients.

This forum helps fill the gap. It’s not as busy here as it used to be, but there are a handful of regulars from the old forum as well as some really good newer members.

1 Like

yeah, I know. I mean, at least I have a job. thankful for that. but I miss being part off a team of creatives and well, the job market hasn’t been kind when I’ve gone looking…

exactly, B. I’m hoping to recharge my batteries by working with you folks again. give and get, in its truest sense.