Gradient question

Hi all, I am trying to figure out if there’s a quick way to change multiple gradient layers from one “skin tone” to another. I have an EPS file with an illustration of a white baby but need to make him black. Right now it seems like my only option is to select each gradient layer (there are a TON) and manually make each one different shades. However, when I do that, I can’t seem to get the colors right.

Is there a quick way to change multiple gradient layers from one “skin tone” to another?

Thanks in advance!

If it’s a raster image in photoshop, you can apply a Hue/Saturation layer on top of all layers with a mask around the whole skin. If it’s a vector image, you will still need to select all the skin objects. But once you do, you can adjust them all with Filter->Color->Adjust Colors.

You might be able to get away with select > same > fill color. Although if any of the gradients are different it probably won’t work. I’d try copying all the paths uniting them and use the resulting shape as to tint/ adjust color.

If the gradients are built using global colors, you’re in luck. With the colors palette and the swatches palette both visible, use the colors palette to create the new color, then hold down option while you drag that color onto the global color in the swatches palette. The global color will change, and that will affect all gradients that use the global color.

1 Like

In the color palette, as Steve_O described.
But, first, using the tip down menu, with nothing selected, you may first have to Show Used Colors, then Delete Unused colors. That will pare down the list to manageable.