Grave markers

I just want that, after I kick the bucket, when people visit my grave, they’ll pour whisky/ey over my headstone.

First hand, though.

Hmmm, seems like a waste of good whiskey. I’ll raise a glass and tell you how good it is after

1 Like

At least that’s better than second hand.

1 Like

Instead of a headstone flower vase, have a flask. Visitors can come by and top you off.

2 Likes

You mean that wasn’t there for me to drink?

1 Like

Do people glue the pennies to the gravestone? Some of them look like they’ve been there awhile. I would expect the lawnmowers to send them flying.

Every time I come across his name on the internet I end up going down the rabbit hole. In the 70s he lived in La Mirada, CA, a couple streets over from my families house. Had I known that at the time, I would have made a hobby of digging through his trash cans. What was he doing in our cruddy little town. The gods belong on Olympus.

1 Like

They’re loose. Sometimes they’re there; other times they’re not. The epitaph on the stone reads, “We added our two cents worth,” so I suppose that’s why others add their two cents.

In his 60s, he married someone from my rural hometown — a Mormon ranching-farming community of, at the time, around 1700 people. Oddly, he converted and settled into the town as just a regular but quirky guy. I remember him driving around in a wacky old car wearing a top hat. He’d usually tip his hat as he drove by.

I don’t think hardly anyone in town knew who he was other than him being the eccentric guy in the tophat. I didn’t know either until one day it dawned on me that he had the same name and persona as the Big Daddy Rat Fink hotrod guy that every Jr. High School guy with any drawing talent idolized during the 1960s.

I’m still scratching my head over how this cult figure from southern California ended up in a little house in an off-the-beaten-path farm town in the middle of Utah. As you said, to some, he belongs on Mount Olympus, not in rural Utah or even Suburban La Mirada.

You probably could have pulled some valuable stuff out of his garbage bins in the '70s.

1 Like

I’d love to read a biography on him, but everything is long out of print and very expensive.

That’s who I thought you were talking about! My dad has shared his art with me.

A former boss of mine that evolved into a friend honored me by asking me to design his mother’s stone. It was almost 20 years ago, so I don’t remember it in detail; plus he is Canadian so it involved phone/email contact with the stoneworker there, and I never saw the result except for a cellphone pic of somewhat dubious quality.

More recently, I was involved in stone design decisions for my brother’s, then my own Mom’s stones, and it seemed that they were using software that’s probably marketed specifically to producers of gravestones. It reminded me of the old, standalone kind of “print shop” apps that you could buy off the shelf in early computer stores—maybe a dozen fonts, an integrated library of basic clipart, and a simple layout interface anyone can use. Presumably, output then translates to some compatible cutting/carving apparatus.

2 Likes

Yes - I designed my grandmother’s and my father’s - but with his I was forced to use their crappy art. I don’t know if I could have pushed harder to get them original art - but forever crappy clip art… my grandfather was a cartoonist - so his has his signature on it. It would be nice if the headstone companies invested in better art!

2 Likes

A private grave will normally hold four adult interments, but no guarantees can be made as ground conditions vary from time to time and from place to place, which affects grave capacity.

spam

Seriously? you had to dig up a thread about grave markers and come up with a totally non-sequitur comment just to advertise your business?
LOL!
Buh bye.

2 Likes

:poop:
Also I had to google what interment meant and from what I can tell they used it incorrectly. It’s the action of burying someone, not the literal body.

It’s not always 4 depending on the plot size you purchase. Where my parents are buried, you can do 2 full burials, or two cremations and one full burial, but no more than 3 people. Which seems crazy to me, you could get 15 cremations in that space. Not to mention, if you have 2 children, you may have just slighted one of them.

Lol my sister can have it.

1 Like

What are you selling?
:upside_down_face:

This is the weirdest spam magnet yet, LOL!

Not anymore :wink: