Happy 4th! 🇺🇸

To all celebrate…

Have a safe and happy Holiday!

5 Likes

We had a nice, long weekend. Filled with the usually family meals and fireworks (and a couple of nice bike rides). It feels kind of good to get back into the normal rhythm this morning.

2 Likes

My hub and I joined family at my sister’s in-law’s kid’s High School Grad party. (Yea its always fun explaining that connection :sweat_smile:)

It was a nice party and we all enjoyed hanging out without needing masks. My sister joked “so glad to see you all still have faces there!”
I said “yea but I’m sure they look older!”

BUT I was bummed there were no hot dogs or burgers.

3 Likes

We did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary other than watch fireworks from our deck while eating some chow mien that I cooked up. We’re really boring.

2 Likes

Is that even legal?

:grin:

No family gatherings here. Just us. I made homemade burgers and fries with corn on the cob. It was mighty tasty :heart:

2 Likes

Aww man I should’ve stopped at your house! Sounds like you had all the necessities
:hotdog::hamburger::beers::corn::fries:

1 Like

Indeed … even had some watermelon
:watermelon:

3 Likes

What we had for dinner depended on what day of the weekend you showed up.
Saturday was Lobster and steamers, corn and beer or hard cider, Sunday was a roasted stuffed chicken with homemade cranberry sauce and mini banana muffins and coffee. Monday was grilled sausage, onions and peppers on a bun with oven fries and lemonade (or other consumables) and a cherry cobbler. Usually we have a jello cheescake topped with pie cherries, but decided to go all out with the cobbler.
We have grilled burgers all the time. No need for that on holidays. :slight_smile: And hotdogs only go with baked beans and I was not up for making those in summer time, LOL.

2 Likes

Our menu was:

Smoked Chicken with BBQ Sauce and Slaw
Veggie Tray
Watermelon
Chips
Home made pound cake with berries and whipped cream
Watermelon martinis

2 Likes

Lots of good eats this weekend for sure! Wow guys! :grin:

Oh, yeah. Not stepping on a scale for a week. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes