Happy Arbor Day Friday! 🌳 4/26/19

The last Friday in April is always National Arbor Day. It’s the Tree Planter’s holiday, and has been celebrated since 1872 in the US. It began in Nebraska, a largely treeless plain back in the 1800’s. It is a day to plant and dedicate a tree to help nature and the environment. Millions of trees are planted on this day. However this is a worldwide event. It’s celebrated around the globe at different times of the year. The very first Arbor Day is believed to have originated in the Spanish village of Mondoñedo. They held the first documented arbor plantation festival organized by its mayor in 1594.

Today, the National Arbor Day Foundation provides millions of trees for planting. It is estimated that 18 million tress are planted each year on Arbor Day.

https://www.arborday.org/

I hope your Friday breezes by and you can settle into an awesome weekend!

HAVE A GREAT ONE GANG!

weekend

i sowed a couple of kidney beans…does that count? …Jesus Christ it is raining again.

1 Like

I’m home today with a bad cold and sore throat. So if I get bored enough, I just might try dragging myself outside to plant a couple of bushes I purchased to replace two that died over the winter. I don’t need any more trees, though — the yard is already full of them.

1 Like

This morning has been a category 3 poo storm with work. The two biggest things have been sent out. Everything else can wait until Monday. I have a meeting early afternoon and am taking the rest of the day off to do yard work before the rain comes tomorrow. Since it will be raining and gray on Saturday, I will be working all day. It’s a fun project for a change, so I am sort of looking forward to it.

1 Like

I know Willy! I can’t stand all this rain … it’s never gonna stop it seems :frowning:

Hope you feel better JustB :frowning:

Get out of there Steve~ LOL … run for the hills :wink: