Happy Bauhaus Friday!

Happy 100th Anniversary Bauhaus!

Both a school for the arts and a school of thought, the Bauhaus was founded by architect Walter Gropius exactly 100 years ago in Weimar, Germany, gathering many of Europe’s most brilliant artists and designers with the aim of training a new generation of creatives to reinvent the world. Today’s animated Doodle celebrates the legacy of this institution and the worldwide movement it began, which transformed the arts by applying the principle “form follows function.”

Piet_Mondrian_Bauhaus-499x500

Have a great rest of the day and HAPPY WEEKEND!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m happy they’re featuring the Bauhaus today.

Designers are very familiar with the Bauhaus, but most people know little about it. And this is despite almost all modern things, from the buildings where they work, to the chairs they’re sitting in, to the computers they’re using to the type they’re reading on their monitors being deeply rooted in Bauhaus design principles.

1 Like

Yep, Happy Friday.

Tumble weeds have been blowing through this place today. My phone and email have been pretty quiet, too. If I was motivated, I could have really cranked through some work today. But I needed a mental break, so I’ve been taking it easy today.

I’ll probably send out a few files a client requested and then take off early and get the grass mowed.

1 Like

That’s what I was planning to do after work until I got up this morning and found an inch of snow on the grass that wasn’t there last night. Spring. :snowflake: :tulip:

2 Likes

Hey guys! Been while, happy Bauhaus Friday! Hope you are all doing well.

Lots of plates in the air lately and haven’t even been lurking for too long. Going to try to make an effort to be around a little more

2 Likes

That would be awesome! We miss ya thmwah1

1 Like