Happy Fall! ♥

The Autumn Equinox is upon us. It marks the commencement of Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere. This is the day when both daytime and nighttime are of the same length.

On a more spiritual level, this is the time Mother Nature restores balance in the universe. A time during which you can restore balance to your own life.

This event is culturally and spiritually significant to many. Buddhists celebrate Ohigan, Christians celebrate Michaelmas and Wiccans celebrate Mabon.

It is time to harvest fruits and vegetables, gather and feast, share your bounty and count your blessings. A time ''reap what you sow,” both literally and figuratively.

The Autumnal season shows the transience of life. The leaves start to transform their color and soon begin to dance through the air and fall to the ground. the nights begin to get longer and the temperatures will start to fall.

Enjoy this magical season my friends :heart:

3 Likes

Love fall.

1 Like

Whoo fall!
About pretty much anyone at work said they became depressed because of fall. I don’t understand them. To me fall seems like the most beautiful season next to spring, I’ve had enough of the hot summer days.
I take out my tea and hot cocoa! I love the feeling of something being almost over, as if the whole world is hurrying up to prepare for winter and to go back to their warm homes, just like animals gathering food before they hibernate. Aswell as something poetic about it and inspiring, it’s a chapter before a revelation or an ending. Much like life, we’re born, we live, we get old, we die.
(if anyone would like to play a game that is really fitting right now, go play Journey, man I got quiet after playing that game, there hasn’t been a game which made me think so much about life)

I love the seasons, I’m glad the weather changes along with them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: don’t think I could live in a place where it doesn’t.

1 Like

We should wish Happy Spring to Buda and all those here who live south of the equator.
I much prefer Happy Spring to Happy Fall. I am so NOT a fan of winter. It doesn’t even help that the days get longer starting 12/21. February is THE longest, darkest, coldest month on the calendar.

2 Likes

I’m okay with winter up until January 2. The short days and cold weather don’t bother me through the holidays – I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, and all. But once we get past New Year, yeah, bring on spring. And that’s when you have all of January and February to freeze your bajeebers off.

Spring is great, but there is just something about the cool, dry air of fall rolling in . . . the sound of leaves crunching under your feet . . . the comfort of hot drinks . . . breaking out the pullovers for the first time . . .

2 Likes

I don’t have to shovel … so Winter doesn’t bother me all that much anymore … other than if it’s bitter cold. It’s hard on the old bones :wink:

Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan usually tend to fly by for me. Something going on each month and of course it’s Holiday season, which I love :heart:. Feb. and Mar. are the hardest for me. they always seem to be cold, dark and long. There is nothing fun going on … there is no color, no life and all the snow is muddy and gray. I know Feb. has Valentine’s day but I could care less. I hate that so much gets made of one day to show you love someone … BS … do it every day or don’t bother lol :wink: Although I won’t say no to a nice box of chocolate :smiley:

I would rank thus:

1. Autumn
  2. Winter
  3. Spring
  4. Summer
1 Like

It’s pissing down sideways over here in spring. It rains a lot here in spring. Autumn is actually far more pleasant here. Bring me an autumn day!

1 Like

Ha! :smiley:

My preferences would be in that exact opposite order. Autumn has always seemed a depressing time for me. The leaves die and fall off the trees. The days get shorter. Green turns to brown. Winter is right around the corner and spring is forever away. My birthday is also in the fall, which isn’t something I look forward to any longer.

2 Likes

I love every season for certain reasons and I hate every season for certain reasons lol :smiley:

I would be very sad to lose any one of them though.

I really don’t like the Northeast at times … but then again living where the air hurts my face has other benefits.

No cat 5 hurricanes or tornadoes. No gators to eat me whilst I sleep LOL :smiley: Stuff like that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You know the ol’ saying:

“Winter is here. Would the next winter be far away?” ?

1 Like

Whenever I’m negatively affected by seasonal changes I remind myself how quickly time seems to pass; how recently it was this time last year, and how soon it will be this time next year. Even if you take the harder seasons “one day at a time,” it will be 3 months from now in about 10 old-guy minutes. Winters get difficult, but If I could slow it all down, I’d slow down Winter as much as any other season.

1 Like

Really about the only thing I hate about winter are the ice dams on the roof and the snow in the driveway. It’s actually the only time of year the body furnace is suited for. I’m one of those guys that wears a hoodie instead of a heavy parka in winter. As long as ears, fingers and toes are warm, I’m good to go.
Summer, ugh.
Spring and Fall are perfect!

1 Like

There is no perfect temperature for me since I’ll get hot or cold depending on what I’m doing. While sitting around working on a computer, like now, I get cold if the room temperature is below 75° F (24° C). If I’m out riding my bicycle, anything over the high 50s starts to get uncomfortable once I get going.

Even so, I really dislike winters here in Salt Lake. It’s not so much the temperatures since they only occasionally dip below 0°F. Instead, it’s due to the ongoing winter inversions that trap air pollutants in the valley (Salt Lake is squeezed between two mountain ranges). These inversions fill the air with a thick, sun-blocking haze of gloomy smog from about Christmas to the middle of February. Getting out of that unhealthy gunk requires a trip up into the mountain canyons.

In addition, our house is on the side of one of those mountains ranges, and the roads are steep. If there’s any snow at all — even a small skiff of the stuff — 4-wheel drive is a must or the roads are largely impassable. Heading down through the neighborhood in these conditions is a nail-biter. Our driveway into the garage is crazy steep. Shoveling show is a slippery accident waiting to happen. The first year we moved into this house, I needed to buy ice-climbing crampons just to keep my feet from sliding out from under me while shoveling that driveway.

Just about the only good thing I can say about winter at our house is that, unlike summer, there are no rattlesnakes in the yard and no lawns to mow.

1 Like

Today is the 8th of October, and I had to turn the furnace on this morning to take the chill out of the house. Which is funny because the AC was running just last week.

1 Like

The past couple weeks our temps have gotten near 80 and just over 80 a couple days… and we had our first frost in the am. This time of year is always fun :smiley: Frozen in the morning and sunbathing in the afternoon :wink:

I don’t mind though … the bitter temps are just around the corner. I can do without those and the aches it brings my old bones :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re supposed to get a hard frost (20s F) tomorrow night along with a little snow. Goodbye tomato plants and flowers. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Grab what you can tonight … and get canning

:wink:

Because you have so much free time :stuck_out_tongue:

and …

had to go find this. It fits right now lol :smiley:

1 Like

^ Now, that’s funny!

Cool mornings and warm afternoons are the best.