Happy Fast Food Friday! 11/16/08

3 with sauce and a large curly cheese fry please !! The Dog Shack in Hudson Falls NY hell yah !! It is a good thing they are across the river. 3 for $1.89

1 Like

OMG I love that place. Used to eat there all the time when I worked over off Warren street :smiley: While they aren’t quite at good as a dirt dog … they are a lot less $$ and good enough for me :smiley: When I moved to Kingsbury … this was the weekend treat :wink: … too far to drive out to Dirty Johns lol :smiley:

I’m not really a fast-food lover, but I sometimes get a craving for french fries, which I can be very picky about.

Of course, there’s also pizza, which should never been confused with fast food. Instead, it’s more of an essential ingredient to a well-balanced life as a human being — especially when accompanied by cold beer.

:pizza: + :beer: = :smiley:

2 Likes

Agreed. I just included Pizza Hut because it was the first chain. But, again I actually enjoy making my own. Probably because I worked in a Pizza shop after my main job for about 10 years :wink: My Italian sister in law taught me everything I know :heart:

1 Like

If I had my choice it’s Dog Shack every time for me. That being said I would certainly not refuse a Dirt Dog. My dad had a local cover band for almost 50 years. It was a huge treat for us kids when he played a gig Friday/Saturday night at Hog Town Inn. The next morning was either a left over Talk of the Town pizza, dirt dogs or Dog shack… . They all have stood the test of time and are still going strong.

1 Like

Yep … was one of my Mom’s favorite places to go … it was Heart’s when she was a kid :slight_smile:

1 Like

French fries are not fast food. First you have to peel the potatoes. Then push em through the steak-fry slicer (no stringy shoe laces here) meanwhile heating up the oil in a big old frying pan to just the right temp. Drop em in, turn em once and done. In several batches if necessary. Mmmm. Love steak fries.

2 Likes

Still chewing my way through the mountain of left over Halloween candy.

Almost done!!!

1 Like