Happy Fast Food Friday! 11/16/08

Happy Fast Food Day and Happy Friday!!!

:hamburger::fries::pizza::hotdog::taco::hamburger::fries::pizza::hotdog::taco::hamburger::fries::pizza::hotdog::taco:

What’s your favorite fast food?? Will you be celebrating today? :smiley:

… and no health lectures please … not in the mood for Debbie Downers

This is a lighthearted post about an occasional indulgence :slight_smile:

From what I’ve been reading the earliest fast food is attriubted to the Automat in New York City. For old movie buffs you can see a great example of that in “That Touch of Mink” with Cary Grant and Doris Day.

Then along came White Castle in 1916. Then A & W in 1923, McDonalds in 1940 and Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1952, followed by Pizza Hut in 1958, Burger King in 1959 and Wendy’s in 1965. The list grows and grows from there :slight_smile:

And here’s a tid bit. Taco Bell started out as as Bell’s Hot Dog stand in 1948.
White Castle

A&W

2010-08-29_220209
McDonald’s

KFC

KFC
Pizza Hut

Burger King

f09b8809b3939dd5f42c5265d0ad3144_1m
Wendy’s

2mkXn-1465573539-embed-wendys
Taco Bell

I’m thinking Pizza tonight :smiley:

Have a great weekend gang!!!

6f1a021855ba64faeb0b2a0c90e9d6ea--chevy-trucks-pickup-trucks

1 Like

Can’t get this where I live, so every summer on our drive to the Carolinas:

1 Like

I vaguely remember an automat at one of the HoJos out on the MA turnpike or NY Thruway, somewhere around Rensselaer. Mom would give us change to get what we wanted - as long as it wasn’t all desserts. LOL.

I don’t even like chain restaurants, let alone fast food. But I do eat at a Boston Market near work once in a while. Otherwise it’s a variety of mom+pops scattered over the countryside, from BBQ to Italian.

1 Like

I love fast food. Not just fast food, but nearly all food.

If I could pick one food to eat as much of as I wanted without gaining weight, it would be cheeseburgers.

I rarely get fast food myself, but I do get free Subway at work. I’ve eaten Subway almost 5 days a week for the last 7-8 years. You would think that I would get tired of Subway- and you would be correct. But it’s free, and it’s brought to me at my desk.

I don’t have much planned for the weekend, but the weather should be nice! So maybe something outdoor. We had a freak week of winter. It even snowed here.

We forgot to turn the heater on one day at the office when it dipped below freezing overnight, so one of the printers would throw an error for half the day.

2 Likes

I like fast food when we are out and about on a long errands day … usually the beginning of the month when all the majority of bills are being paid and shopping is being done. I try to time if for a meal time break. It’s usually Burger King or KFC. I do have some old time favorites at most places though. And some I really miss when I was down South. No Whataburger or Sonic up here… but I did here Albany is getting a Sonic. I’ll have to check that out next time I’m down in that neck of the woods :smiley:

I could live with that! What a great perk! :slight_smile:

We usually do pizza and a movie on Friday nights. Sometimes homemade, sometimes carry out. For burgers, my favorite lately is Five Guys. Bacon double cheeseburger with sautéd onions and mushrooms… too bad my lunch box only has a turkey sandwich, apple, and yogurt in it. Looks like my arteries win this round.

This weekend will be devoted to leaf clean up. It’s been so wet around here for the last few weeks, I’ve been waiting for a dry day. I do love not having to bag them up anymore in those tall brown paper sacks. That part takes twice as long as the raking and is hard on your back.

1 Like

I find Sonic to be just OK. Not great not bad. You can get tater tots though, which not a lot of fast food places offer. Their drink menu is pretty fun with all the mix-ins and shakes and such. I like a good cherry limeade, heavy on the lime.

1 Like

I love their Tator tots … that’s what I miss lol … and their chili cheese dog is really good too. I used to loveeee their Cherry-Limeade drink on a blistering day … but now I can’t drink that kind of sugary stuff without going into palpitations lolol :smiley: Geetin’ old is fun :smiley:

I’m a potato-aholic though and I love a good crisp tator tot and prefer Burger King Fries to Mickey D’s … but I would never say no to them when they are fresh and hot :smiley:

1 Like

You know the old stupid question, if you were stranded on an island with only one food for life…

I’d miss meat, but the maximum, life-shortening enjoyment of fried potatoes? Gimme any potato. Fried any way. All I need.

1 Like

If that were a real scenario … as much as I love meat … potatoes all the way baby :smiley: LOL :smiley:

Of course now my mind has wandered back to the time I tried Atkins … that’s when I decided … never again. I yam what I yam :smiley:

I got to the point that even though I could have any type of meat I wanted and however much I wanted … all I really wanted was a buttery potato.

So never again will I allow anyone to impugn their anti-spud propaganda into my life. I don’t have time for that type of negativity :smiley:

1 Like

I like the type of “diet” where you can eat what you want, in moderation.
The trouble is convincing anyone else that 1/4 of an apple pie is “in moderation” compared to eating the whole thing. LOL.

1 Like

I like that method of thinking :smiley:

I’m not a big fast food eater. That’s not me being condescending – I certainly have my culinary vices. For me, the food pyramid is bread, pasta, and pizza. When we do fast food, it’s usually a sandwich shop or Mexican.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, and Happy Friday!

1 Like

I’m actually not either. I do have a few things that I really like from different places if I do get that occasional craving. For no other reason than I’m a home body … I would rather stay home and cook my own meal or make a sandwich and soup if I’m feeling lazy :smiley:

1 Like

That’s funny. I enjoy being outside and traveling when I get too, but I definitely have home body tendencies. Couple that with the facts that my wife and I both like to cook, so there are usually good leftovers in the fridge, and I hate to waste food.

1 Like

In the fridge right now, we have leftover roasted pork tenderloin, home made potato soup, and buttermilk pancake batter. But all of this fast food talk has me craving french fries.

1 Like

lmaooo … I’m coming to your house for dinner :smiley:

… and tell me about it … I suddenly realized I was starving and saw it was 12:15. LUNCHTIME! :smiley: I had to go get some of my “leftover” macaroni -tuna and egg salad. Yum :heart:

1 Like