Happy Friday! 10/19/18 edition ♥

311071-Happy-Friday-Folks_LI

Not much planned here at the old homestead this weekend. All I foresee is a few crafting adventures. That’s about it. No little ones that I know of, so it’s mine … all mine!! evilgrin0039

Have A Great Weekend Gang!!! thmwah1

2 Likes

Another weekend that I don’t have to work. Woot, woot!

Getting up super early tomorrow, as in leaving my house at 4:50, to go photograph the sunrise over a gladded river area a couple hours south of here with a friend. I plan on napping in the afternoon.

When my grandma and grandpa died, my mom sold their house. 15 years later, it’s on the market and is going to be open this weekend. I have a lot of fond memories of being in that house, so I’m looking forward to going to the open house Sunday afternoon.

2 Likes

Enjoy your walk down memory lane :heart:

And I would love to see pics of that sunrise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When my parents died a few years back, I bought the family house from my brothers and sisters. It’s on the edge of a very small rural farm town about 120 miles from where I live now. I go there on weekends to escape the city, see old friends, visit with the horses, explore the mountains and work on various projects. That’s what I’ll be doing this weekend too. It’s sort of an expensive hassle keeping up both houses, but it helps preserve my sanity.

2 Likes

Your own retreat; I love it.

2 Likes

Chili cook off at my little bro’s Saturday…Let the games begin…Release the CROckin.

4 Likes

You can never go back.
Tried that at an open house for my Dad’s place where I grew up. The people that bought it changed it soooo much, it just wasn’t home anymore.

It’s time to button up the house and yard for the winter this weekend. Storm windows and stuff. At least most of the leaves blew away yesterday.

1 Like

Our leaves have just started to change, so no raking yet for me.

1 Like

Our leaves are starting to fall, but they should really start coming down within the next couple of weeks. It turns into a big job at that point with several pickup truck loads that need to be raked up and hauled away.

1 Like

I drove by the house I grew up in last Saturday, I hadn’t been in it since 1984. It was the 45th anniversary of my father’s death and i thought maybe since it was a Saturday someone would be around. (I was just in town for a show with some friends, I live about 100 miles away). Well SOMEONE was there! She gave me the whole tour, top to bottom. I swear to god there was a bureau that belonged to us still in the cellar. The garage still had all the writing we did on the walls when all the kids in the neighborhood used to play in there. The best part was almost nothing was changed. Same doors, same floors no huge renovation that destroyed all the really nice plaster and wood work. It was pretty amazing. I got some serious closure. Hope it’s just as great for you!

4 Likes

Here design skill is really nice. And what kind of font you choose to create it.

No idea who created it. But the font is Risque :slight_smile:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks RedKittieKat for information. And i thought you made it, but that doesn’t matter who made it. Just be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like