Happy Friday! ☃ 2/8/19

I hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!

Guess what today is?

Laugh and Get Rich Day!!

Despite the name, it seems that the the holiday wants to encourage people to spend the day laughing and being happy. To “enrich” ones life … not get rich :wink:

I thought I stumbled on advice on how to laugh my way to the bank LOL :smiley:

Anyhoo, here is what they have to say about this observance:

Being happy can improve your mood and your health. Studies have shown that people who are happy and laugh often tend to have less stress, lower blood pressure, and a better immune response. Laughing and sharing jokes can also have social benefits. Happy people tend to have more friends and are easily accepted by social groups.

Being happy can also help a person professionally. Joyful workers are more productive and liked by their co-workers compared to cranky and unhappy professionals.

(When was the last time anyone was or knew a “joyful” worker LOL - that one may be pushing it :wink: )

How to Celebrate?

• Laugh, laugh, and laugh! Tell jokes and solicit jokes from friends and co-workers to put you in the mood to think up of money making ventures.
  • Watch the 1931 American comedy movie, Laugh and Get Rich starring Edna May Oliver and Hugh Herbert with family and friends.

Did You Know…

…that laughing can burn calories? Scientists have found that 15 minutes of laughter can burn as many as 50 calories.

Have A Great Weekend Gang!!!

cozy-winter-weekend-mfb

Damnit :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

[/nonconformist]

1 Like

Happy Friday y’all!
I’ve got no internet at the house right now so I’m actually not looking for to going home today lol

1 Like

LOL HB :smiley:

and sorry to hear that Silence … hope it comes back soon! :slight_smile:

My desk. Right now. Yep, it’s been that sort of day when I’m putting out fires and dodging the excrement being scattered by the fan. Glad this one is over.

2 Likes

Just finished up two days of interviewing candidates for an open position. It involves little beyond sitting, asking questions, answering questions and taking notes, but I find these things exhausting. I’m more than ready for the weekend. :woozy_face:

2 Likes