Happy Friday 4/17/20

It seems more appropriate to ask “how are you going to kill time this weekend?” rather than “what are your plans for the weekend?”

Our weather is supposed to be pretty nice, so I’ll get to ride the bicycle outside on Saturday. Looking forward to that. Other than that, I’ll mow the grass and do some yard work and clean up outside.

So what are you going to do?

2 Likes

I say doing nothing gets me all pumped up. I can hardly be still.

1 Like

This weekend, I need to check on my 2nd home a couple of hours out of Salt Lake, so I’ll be tossing my bike in the back of my pickup and heading there for the weekend. With luck, I’ll get some mountain biking in.

It will be awkward, though, since my trips there are typically accompanied by a half dozen people dropping by at various times to say hello, which I hope does not happen this time. Either that or they’ll see me as a possible carrier of disease into the town and set fire to the house.

There hasn’t been a single confirmed case of Covid 19 in the very rural county yet, and I have a feeling the social distancing thing isn’t being taken seriously. That’s opposed to here in Salt Lake where most everything is locked down and closed. Utah is one of the few states that is stupidly dealing with the pandemic county-by-county.

2 Likes

I’m going to be participating in an online talent show.

I was just thinking yesterday how could anyone be bored, then I remembered there are people without hobbies. Must be a terrible time for them. Maybe they will have picked up a hobby by the end of this.

1 Like

What is your talent?

1 Like

I am a fire performer

2 Likes

what else? drew cartoons
i started a TV show pilot yesterday, and happy for spell check!

2 Likes

I love watching Fire Performers! Good luck with the show :heart:

I’m not doing a whole lot. Might start a new crochet project. I still have a “to do” list for around here a mile long. It’s not getting the time … it’s getting the desire to do it :wink: I have a couple windows that need a good cleaning and a corner of my bedroom is a freaking disaster area that really needs sorting and purging. I have entirely too many bits and bobs of old craft supplies and sewing fragments. I am not a hoarder by any means … but I tend to be a bit cluttered and now and again it really starts getting to me and I have to have a good purge. I’m just one of those people that is always afraid that as soon as I throw something or give it away I’ll need it… because it’s happened :wink: LOL

Other than that I’m going to make these cookies that the Hilton released a home version of the recipe for:

1 Like

I dunno, the inability to pruchase liquor in my locale is becoming an issue.

Two days ago, I started installing a power amp in the audio system of our boat, but figured I’d wrap it up over the weekend. I just looked out the window and there is snow falling.

The liquor thing just got more pressing.

3 Likes

Yes, we are supposed to get snow tonight/tomorrow too.
So NOT happy about that. It seems these last 4 weeks have had the crummiest weather when all I need to do to get into the garden is step out the back door. But no. Rain, wind, <40° and now snow. Might as well go back to working in the office. Of course, the weather is keeping me focused on actually working while at home. LOL.

1 Like

we had 75 degree days during the winter so these cold spring days just balance the thermometers.

1 Like