Happy Friday 5/8/20

Happy Friday, all. It’s been a long day, but I’m knocking off a whole 15 minutes early. Woo hoo!

Happy Mother’s Day to any mothers out there.

Have a great weekend . . . probably doing the exact same thing you did last weekend.

1 Like

Payday Friday is always a happy Friday.
Be sure you tell your moms how much you love them!

1 Like

I just stuck a pan of scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven.

Not much to report on the home front here other than everyone is all a buzz with the prediction of snow this weekend LOL … A pandemic … Murder Bees and now snow … I don’t think we can take much more :wink:

Wishing a Happy Mothers Day weekend to all the Mom’s out there :heart:

ooo yah. “Scalped” potatoes sounds really good right now (and it’s only 10am on a snow-cold Saturday. In May.)

1 Like

They turned out great. A little “white sauce” with melted cheddar and sauteed onions. I chopped up the ham and sliced the potatoes really thin. Then layered them in a 9x13 pan. Baked for 1 hour at 350 covered with foil, but that wasn’t long enough … my oven is weird sometimes … it took another 15 minutes with the cover off this time to finish them up :slight_smile:

Technically I guess they were Au Gratin :wink: But I still just call them Scalloped :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

We have one of those “can’t touch” eaters in the house. The ham can go in, in big chunks that can be found and separated, but cheese has to go on as a side, and onions are also a big no. In a way it makes cooking easy and a challenge all at once. I constantly joke about getting this person one of those military style trays so things won’t touch.

1 Like

I think you need the Food cubby plate divider :smiley:

It suctions down to any plate :wink:

divider

1 Like

That’s a stocking stuffer for sure next Christmas!

1 Like