Happy Friday, 7/16/21

Happy Friday, all!

For a very rare change, my weekend is blissfully open — something that hasn’t happened in quite some time. I’m really looking forward to this. T minus 6 hours and 27 minutes.

What do you have going on?

Happy Friday! :heart:

No big plans here. I’ll be finishing a blanket for my Nephew’s birthday and starting a big pillow for my Niece’s birthday.

Riveting stuff … I know :wink:

Have a really nice weekend everyone xx

1 Like

There’s not much going on here this weekend. I’ll be working on a typeface design and a little client work. Aside from that, a motorcycle ride up into the mountains and, with luck, a couple of bicycle rides sounds good. I might even do some yard work. The limiting factor in much of this is the heat. It’s been hovering at around 100° F for most of the past month, and it’s really getting old.

2 Likes

It’s about 85 here and humid. Just came in from working out in the back shop (no AC out there.) looking like a horse after the Kentucky Derby. Just gonna chill here in the office with this 1/2 gallon of water.
Trying not to have to work tomorrow. So far not looking good.
I have to clean the house this weekend. And the front yard. Make it presentable for visitors. And probably go grab my boat battery and charge that cuz I haven’t been able to use it for 3 weeks now. :frowning:

2 Likes

27 degrees here. Hottest day this year! More of the same tomorrow! Bbq ready to roll the whole weekend!

Plus wife is meeting her niece who flew in last week and isolated for 10 days. They’re having a cocktail night.

So I’m free for the evening!

2 Likes

I assume 27 degrees C is pretty hot for you. For me, that’s a super pleasant day.

1 Like

This time of year, when it dips down to that temperature, I literally start looking for a jacket. I never get used to extremely hot (or cold) temperatures, but my comfort level is warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter for some reason.

1 Like

27 °C is pretty much as hot as it gets here. It rarey gets hotter. The hottest temperature on record is 33.3 in 1886 or something.

I was speaking with a friend who lives in India and basically said the same that it was 17 degrees there and that was pretty cold! I would be melting in anything over 15.

It’s funny how people are acclimatised to different weathers.

2 Likes

Here in Utah, the temperatures can be extreme in both directions, depending on the location. The record cold was minus 69 F (-56 C) in 1985, and the record high was 117 F (47 C), also in 1985.

In my hometown, in the central part of the state, the records are 108 F (42 F) and minus 30 F (-36 C). There, a 40- to 50-degree difference between day and night isn’t uncommon.

I’ve always envied people living in more moderate climates. Here, the only consistently mild time of year is May and early fall. Almost every other part of the year is either too hot or too cold.

1 Like

The lowest recorded here is -19.1 also around 1881

1 Like

I’m just glad it’s not raining today. I do NOT like the heat at all … but I was looking forward to these past couple days of heat so the house could dry out. Everything was feeling pretty damp between the rain and humidity.

It’s still humid though. It that heavy feel that you can’t take a deep breath. It’s 87° F right now. I’m over all of it :confused:

1 Like

We’ve had a relatively wet summer. I’m not saying Noah is going to show up, but it’s the middle of July and my yard is still thick and green – which is great.

1 Like

My exact location is ok … but all around us has flooded. Banks have given way. Roads have collapsed. It’s a hot mess … literally and figuratively :wink:

We haven’t had rain in weeks — probably months other than just enough of a sprinkle to puddle up the dust on a car. The creeks are dry. The Great Salt Lake is drying up. Many of the reservoirs are completely empty. Farmers’ crops are pretty much dead. Wildfires are raging and the air is full of smoke. The heat just keeps on going without letting up. Many rural towns in the state have begun rationing water. I just checked the humidity for Salt Lake — it’s at 15%.

Meanwhile, Belgium is underwater with hundreds of people missing and possibly drowned.

1 Like

I feel for you B … I couldn’t handle that at all :frowning:

1 Like

Warning: Brag Post. Today’s ride. It was a long ride, but not super long; but that is a fair amount of climbing over 63 miles.

2 Likes

To be fair, you were only pedalling for half of that … :crazy_face:

JK very impressive Steve_O :metal:

1 Like

I didn’t know there were enough elevation changes in your part of the country to add up to those kinds of figures over 63 miles. There must be more hills around there than I thought. Anyway, more importantly, how’s your, um, butt feeling after all those miles? Whatever the case, good job. I think I’ll go out for a considerably shorter ride around sundown this evening.

1 Like

Pretty impressive Steve! :+1:

well done

1 Like

I just got delightfullly soaked to the skin out doing the lawn.
“I’m gonna finish this lawn no matter how hard you make it rain.”
Yeah, don’t tempt fate. It was raining so hard, the water was shooting 3feet from the roof valley gutters.
:upside_down_face: