Happy Friday, 7/31/20

Happy Friday, folks!

I’ve been in a bit of a funk this week. The weather cooled off pretty dramatically, which is great, but it’s been gray and rainy. Also, I haven’t been able to ride the bike much this week. I’m really looking forward to some time to unwind a bit over the weekend. Hopefully, we’ll get a break in the rain and I can get out and pedal a few miles.

What are your plans for the weekend? Hope it’s a great one for you.

1 Like

I’ve been swamped with freelance work lately, and there’s still more to do. Even so, I need a break this weekend.

It’s been awfully hot here in the valley, so pedaling my bike won’t be my first choice. We could really use a good rain storm, but rainy summer days are a rarity here.

I think I’ll head up into the mountains to about the 10,000-foot level. It’ll be cool up that high and there might even be a few left-over snowbanks. In addition, it’s wildflower season in the meadows up there, so I think some hiking is in order.

2 Likes

I hope you can get out for a ride :slight_smile:

Here … absolutely nothing.

As usual :wink: Just the basic, normal stuff. Housework and laundry. The days blend and the monotony continues.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to take a camera. I’d love to see some images.

I think at 10K feet, about the only thing I’d be doing is laying there on the ground.
Rare air up there.

I’ve lived my whole life at around 5,500 feet and spend lots of time higher up in the mountains hiking, mountain biking or snowshoeing in the winter. I’m probably used to it and don’t really notice. I suppose for someone used to living closer to sea level, it might be a little different. Sunburns happen fast up that high, though.

It’s the heat that really sucks the energy out of me. I just checked the thermometer here at home, at it’s reading 104° F. I definitely need to get out of the valley this weekend.

We’re somewhere around 350-550 feet above sea level here. Probably just enough to be waterfront property in a dozen years or so.