Happy Friday, 9/24/21

Happy Friday, folks!

I read this morning that days seem to drag on, but weeks fly by. That does seem to be true. Another week is in the books. Here in the Midwest, we’re in for a super nice fall weekend, and I’m happy to have lots of outside time planned. Hope you have a great one.

1 Like

Days seem to blend for me. I have to stop and think what day it is at times :wink: Weeks however … they do fly by.

I saw this today and nearly fainted because of how fast they are flying by … LOL.

1 Like

My wife and I were talking last night about our busy fall, and she pointed out there are only 13 weeks until Christmas. Unreal. I don’t even want to think about it. Too much Fall to enjoy now that it’s officially Fall – and it feels like it outside. The ceiling fan in our bedroom gets turned on sometime in April and generally stays on all summer long. We turned it off last night for the first time this season.

1 Like

We still have our fans going. Even though the temp has dropped, the humidity is damn near drowning us! LOL. I’m really looking forward to that cool, crisp air taking over :wink: And my fans need a break :stuck_out_tongue:

I spent a couple of days at my other place in southern Utah this week. The elevation there is about 1,500 feet higher than here in Salt Lake. I was surprised during the night when the furnace kicked in.

In the morning, after getting up, the outside thermometer said 30* F. Brrrrrr! By afternoon, though, it had warmed up into the low 80s. Those mountain valley temperature swings are, well, invigorating.

We can get big temperature swings in the fall, too, but maybe not 50 degree swings. That seems to be the time when half the city is walking around with a cough / congestion / sinus problems.

1 Like

Anyway . . . I got a solid day’s work in, and it’s time to take off. My wife picked up our grandson, so I get to go play Legos! If playing Legos with my grandson wasn’t great enough, I think we’re going to do breakfast for dinner tonight!

2 Likes

I love a good breakfast for dinner :wink:

1 Like

We’re having fish for dinner tonight but now I want waffles!

2 Likes

Hmm. Maybe fish and waffles? The less popular alternative to chicken and waffles?

1 Like

How about a fish-waffle sandwich? I’ve seen weirder combinations.

1 Like

:nauseated_face:
Just…No…Don’t think so…

1 Like