march19

Birthstone:

Aquamarine

Flower:

Daffodil

Zodiac:

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
Aries (March 21 - April 20)

The Anglo-Saxons called the month Hlyd monath which means Stormy month, or Hraed monath which means Rugged month.

The word ‘March’ comes from the Roman ‘Martius’. This was originally the first month of the Roman calendar and was named after Mars, the god of war. March was the beginning of our calendar year. We changed to the ‘New Style’ or 'Gregorian calendar in 1752, and it is only since then when we the year began on 1st January.

The March equinox occurs the moment the sun crosses the celestial equator from south to north. This happens either on March 19, 20 or 21 every year.

More March lore here

So good news … it’s almost Spring!!!

Have A Great Weekend Gang! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Woot, woot! I might not have to do any work this weekend. Which is a good thing as the honey-do list is getting long. Have a good one!

1 Like

The first day of March always signals that winter is on its last legs and on its way out. I’m really looking forward to spring!

EDIT — The second day of March has been one continual snow storm. We woke up this morning to a couple of inches on the ground and it hasn’t stopped coming down all day.

2 Likes

It’s gonna snow tomorrow. :frowning_face:

Gah, As a Taurus, born on the strongest day of the Taurian calendar, I don’t mesh well with most zodiacs, except Cancer.

This gives me a thread idea…

1 Like

My Mom was born March 1st and what do you know … I’m a Cancer lol :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: