Happy Good Friday! 4/2/21

Have a wonderful Friday gang!

… and if you celebrate …

happyeaster

Enjoy the holiday weekend :heart:

1 Like

It’s supposed to be spring-like and sunny here for the next few days. I love this time of year.

1 Like

No snow or rain today … so that’s a plus lol. :smiley:

Still 36° however. It’s partly sunny. Our trees are beginning bud. I love this time of year too :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have daffodils blooming outside our kitchen window. I just checked our backyard and our apricot tree exploded into blossoms overnight. Even the lawn is starting to look like it needs mowing. It’s time for yard work. :grinning: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yay! :slight_smile:

I forgot it was Easter weekend. Hmmmm I wonder what’s for Easter dinner. Ham, lamb or duck…though not sure I can thaw a duck overnight. Maybe just pie. It was 25° this morning. The onion seedlings in the cold frame are going WTF! (They’ll be ok)

1 Like

I usually thaw food out by filling the sink with really hot water - not boiling water - and sit the food in its packaging or a water-tight sealed bag/container. Usually takes about 20 minutes to thaw fully.

1 Like

Not recommended. Certainly not for poultry (says the guy who eats raw cookie dough with eggs in it.)

1 Like

We don’t really celebrate any holiday … except for the ones the little kids like … and since they aren’t around at this particular juncture in life …

:wink:

But, I do always try to make us a nice meal. Ham is on the menu for Sunday :slight_smile: Mashed potatoes and a veg. Simple but delicious. I have some puff pastry so I may attempt some sort of dessert thingamajig :slight_smile:

I’m still alive.

Yup. So am I. But chicken in warm water (unless it’s a pot where it’s gonna boil for an hour or two) is a line I don’t cross. Not these days.
The verdict is in. We are doing Chinese takeout. Yep. (Sure beats having to cook all day. I was so not mind-prepped for that this weekend.)

1 Like

Snap had a Chinese too!!! Nua kra ta! It was delish. Although might be Thai?

1 Like

I’m making homemade pizza tonight … dough is rising right now :smiley: … Can’t wait. :pizza:

1 Like

We had pizza last night cuz work is running me ragged and I was so not cooking then either. Tonight was leftover frozen cooked chicken tossed into cheesy quessadillas toasted on a griddle in a little butter. Didn’t even have salsa or guac (horrors) just some chopped lettuce and tomato and a tiny bit of sour cream. But it was easy!

1 Like

sounds ok by me :smiley:

I’m looking forward to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich — maybe two. People who regularly cook up meals are amazing to me. :grinning:

1 Like

I cook for fun. But not when work takes up so much of my time that I can’t do other things. On a good day I have a 4 hour window on weeknights between getting home and going to bed and the sun stays up longer these days. Lately though… that window has been getting smaller getting home from work later.

1 Like

I’m one of those that really love to cook and see what I can come up with or follow a hard recipe and get it right :wink:

Other times I’m like … “we’re ordering take out”

:grin:

Yep, a belated Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

1 Like

It wasn’t Easter dinner, but here’s a salad we made over the weekend with grilled salmon, bacon, tomato, and avocado. Not gonna lie, it was pretty delicious.

1 Like