Happy Ground Hog Day! 🦔

No Shadow!!! It’s going to be an early Spring! :smiley:

Groundhog Club co-handler Al Dereume holds Punxsutawney Phil, the weather prognosticating groundhog, during the 134th celebration of Groundhog Day on Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, Pa. Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020. Phil’s handlers said that the groundhog has forecast an early spring.

2 Likes

So did Ontario’s own Wiarton Willie. He saw no shadow either … but it was a snowy morning. Back to hibernation I go.

1 Like

We actually had a little snow too this morning :slight_smile:

We are made of sterner stuff (quoting a Procol Harum song). What’s a few weeks one way or the other?

1 Like

a comic I thought of and drew yesterday:

1 Like

Considering Spring starts March 20 and 6 weeks from now is March 15, technically you can’t lose that bet…:wink:

I’d be perfectly happy if Spring started in 6 weeks. It’s usually more like March 30 before I can plant anything in the garden (frost hardy peas, lettuce and escarole seeds, with the broccoli and onions started in February under lights going out in the cold frame.)
Often though, we get that one last blast of snow last week in March and I have to go out and throw a couple bags of garden compost around to melt it.

1 Like

Amen! Im pleading with neighbors and TV weather personalites that are over zealous celebrating warm winters by claiming WE NEED SNOW now for gardening, baseball and spring like thing besides shoveling snow like we do the past 3 eaters.

1 Like

That’s actually quite strange, I watched Groundhog Day for the first time in years last night on Netflix. I had no idea it was groundhog day or that groundhog day was even a real thing.

1 Like

i tried watching that movie but could not finish it just too annoying for me, like the 700 posts on twitter of the same bill murray meme. Redditt banned my above comic, perhaps that was my first day there, happy they don’t control the lottery! (can’t win a prize, first time selecting numbers)

it felt like spring in Missouri, today. 70 degrees and sunny. Smoked some pork tenderloin wearing shorts. Just to be clear, I was wearing shorts. Not the tenderloin.

1 Like

I’m glad you clarified … LOLOL :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve tried with them. I just can’t seem to wade through all the adolescent BS. I swear 99% of them are 11 years old.

I stick to the sewing and crafts areas. I even tried their typography section and it’s mostly people screen capping anything they see because they just wonder what it is
:confused:

1 Like

i get that aura or vibe from alot of publishers lately.
people complain about non-funny comics but wont do anything about that, because they are too afraid that might be offensive.

1 Like

The groundhog has nothing on the woolly caterpillar, the woolly caterpillar predicted a mild winter last August.

2 Likes