Happy Last Friday In March! 🍻

If March comes in like a lion, it goes out like a lamb.

Right? :wink:

lion-and-the-lamb

In ye olde timey days, people often believed that bad spirits could affect the weather adversely, so they were cautious as to what they did or did not do in certain situations. Those beliefs often included ideas that there should be a balance in weather and life. So, if a month came in bad (roaring like a lion), it should go out good and calm (docile, like a lamb).

With March being such a changeable month, in which we can see warm spring-like temperatures or late-season snowstorms, you can understand how this saying might hold true in some instances. We can only hope that if March starts off stormy it will end on a calm note, but the key word is hope . However, this saying seems to be simply a rhyme rather than a true weather predictor.

…according to the Farmers’ Almanac anyway :wink:

Some other March weather lore is:

• A dry March and a wet May? Fill barns and bays with corn and hay.
  • As it rains in March, so it rains in June.
  • March winds and April showers? Bring forth May flowers.
  • So many mists in March you see, so many frosts in May will be.
  • Is’t on St. Joseph’s day (19th) clear,
    So follows a fertile year;
    Is’t on St. Mary’s (25th) bright and clear,
    Fertile is said to be the year.

I hope your March has been a good one! On to April! :slight_smile:

Have a great Friday and have a SUPER weekend gang! :heart:

Hey, last Friday in March, and it’s my GDF birthday! Woot, woot! It’s funny, I type “woot, woot” because I never actually say that.

Spring is here for sure. Unfortunately, allergies are here, too. Gotta get out and mow the lawn between the storms.

Date night with the Mrs. tonight. That’s a great way to kick off the weekend.

1 Like

I honestly can’t tell if 2019 is turning out to be the best year of my adult life or the worst year of my adult life.

For whatever reason it’s suppose to be cold and rainy this weekend, I bet it’s because I have a lot of energy to burn off and I’m having furniture delivered.

1 Like

@Steve_O Happy GDF Birthday!!! Woot!! Woot!! right back 'atcha :smiley: LOL

Here’s a cake … would you like a bite? :smiley:

1 Like

Well … Mercury is coming out of retrograde :wink:

I don’t believe in that stuff lol. I’m not a preschooler

Planets I mean

1 Like

lmao :smiley:

1 Like

The cake looks good, not sure what sort of message you’re trying to send me with the demon possessed vampires. :astonished:

haha! Just my dark sense of humor. When I made a birthday party search, that pic struck my funny bone :smiley: It was either that or a bunch of sweet, gushy pics. I’m more dark than sweet and gushy lol :smiley:

1 Like

On to April, my favorite month of the year. :tulip:

1 Like