Happy Leap Day! 🐸 2020

Happy Leap Day Everyone!

Leap Day Info

• According to an old Irish legend, or possibly history, St Brigid struck a deal with St Patrick to allow women to propose to men every four years.

• Leap day has been known as “Bachelors’ Day” for the same reason. A man was expected to pay a penalty, such as a gown or money, if he refused a marriage proposal from a woman on Leap Day.

• In many European countries, tradition dictates that if a man refuses a woman’s proposal on February 29 he must buy her 12 pairs of gloves. Then she can hide her embarrassment of not having an engagement ring. During the middle ages there were laws governing this tradition.

• People born on February 29 are all invited to join The Honor Society of Leap Year Day Babies.

Any special plans? I plan on sleeping LOL :smiley:

I just looked up what famous (or semi-famous) people were born on leap day (Feb. 29). There aren’t that many. Out of those on the list below, I think I’ve only heard of three of them.

• 1468 – Pope Paul III (d. 1549)
  • 1792 – Gioacchino Rossini, Italian composer ( William Tell, The Barber of Seville ) (d. 1868)
  • 1896 – Morarji Desai, former Indian prime minister (d. 1995)
  • 1968 – Wendi Louise Peters, English television and theatre character actress
  • 1916 – Dinah Shore, American singer (d. 1994)
  • 1924 – Al Rosen, American baseball player
  • 1924 – Carlos Humberto Romero, former president of El Salvador
  • 1960 – Anthony (Tony) Robbins, American motivational speaker
  • 1964 – Lyndon Byers, Canadian hockey player
  • 1972 – Saul Stacey Williams, American singer, musician, poet, writer, and actor
  • 1972 – Antonio Sabàto Jr, Italian-born actor
  • 1976 – Ja Rule (real name Jeffrey Atkins), American rapper and actor
  • 1980 – Chris Conley, American musician and songwriter/composer
1 Like

Leap day? frogs must love this day. Although most are still hibernating another month or so.
hopefully i can spend another 11 hours today behind the drawing table and laptop creating comics like yesterday.

1 Like

I’m with you … I only recognize a few of those names. Being my age, Dinah Shore is one of them lolol :stuck_out_tongue:

i heard of al rosen, speaking of baseball, im going to cheaply post a comic i just drew: