🍀 Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀

:shamrock: May the road rise up to meet you.
:shamrock: May the wind always be at your back.
:shamrock: May the sun shine warm upon your face,
:shamrock: May rains fall soft upon your fields.
… and until we meet again,
:shamrock: May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

We woke up to a snow covered ground this morning. I’m sure it won’t last too long :wink:

The corned beef will be going on in a few hours for a nice slow brew. I can’t wait … it’s one of my favorite comfort meals. And right now I’ll take all the comfort I can get :smiley:

Anyone else cooking up the traditional fare today?

You forgot one;
:shamrock: May you get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead.

3 Likes

May a goodly pint appear before you drain your goodly pint.

1 Like

We were at my mom’s for dinner last night. She always does the traditional corned beef and cabbage.

1 Like

Ireland’s capital is the fastest growing city. Every year it’s Dublin.

2 Likes

What’s Irish and stays out all night? Patty O’Furniture.

2 Likes

WTF? Why am I laughing at these?

1 Like

St. Patricks day is the day to plant the garden peas (or the weekend thereafter.)
But the ground is still froze and now has a 1/2" of snow on it again.
:unamused:

1 Like

everyone knows who Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry are.

1 Like

Did you hear about the Irishman that was struggling to find a parking space?

“Lord,” he prayed. “I can’t stand this. If you open a space up for me, I swear I’ll give up the Guinness and go to mass every Sunday.”

Suddenly, the clouds part and the sun shines on an empty parking spot. Without hesitation, the Irishman says: “Never mind, I found one!”

:rofl:

4 Likes

Oh, dang, that’s funny.

1 Like

Was very excited to do a whole boiled dinner this weekend in the crockpot. Grocery store was out of potatoes AND carrots, freaking animals. First the toilet paper, now this.

1 Like

I hear ya … same boat. I bought carrots last week and forgot the potatoes … needless to say they weren’t there when we went shopping the other night. I have a couple can’s of them … it will have to do. :slight_smile: :wink:

I ran out of garden carrots a couple weeks ago and the potatoes were all sugary :face_vomiting:. I got carrots and potatoes last night at a local farmstand that’s open all winter. It’s for a 7-bone beef stew though. Not a fan of corn beef. Terrible thing to do to a brisket. :slight_smile:
Funny thing was they had a pallet of off-brand toilet paper right out front when you came in. No price tag. I guess if you had to ask, you didn’t need it bad enough. :thinking: