Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

Wishing everyone a festive holiday!!

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all south of us. We had ours already last month!

2 Likes

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Unfortunately, I am under the weather, which is pretty rare for me, with sinus stuff and a cough. Since my mom isn’t in the best of health, I decided it would be best to keep my distance and skip the family celebration.

1 Like

Very sorry to heat that, Steve_O. You made the right decision.

Hope you get well very soon.

2 Likes

We were getting ready to head over to my wife’s sister’s house for Thanksgiving dinner as we’ve done most years. At the last moment, she called and said she had tested positive for Covid this morning.

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of big family get-togethers during the cold and flu season. I think half the colds I’ve had started up three or four days after either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon Steve :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My family is all over the place these days. So I got to see a few of them today who came by for dessert after they had dinner. It was fairly short and sweet … literally :grin:

If you’re into the homemade cranberry sauce and have any left over, spread a little on pancakes or waffles with a light drizzle of real maple syrup. You’ll thank me later.

1 Like

I make cranberry fridge jam on occasion just for toast. I love it! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, my brother in law’s kid picked up a stomach bug, special delivery all the way from FL, by his girlfriend’s sister’s family.

The kid brought it home to my mother in laws place on thanksgiving and was puking everywhere about once every 4hrs.

Nobody else caught it. Except me. Saturday and Sunday were not fun.

1 Like

Other People’s Kids…

I don’t remember ever getting sick as a kid (or even an adult) at all the big gatherings my grandparents did. Don’t make em like they used to, I guess.

Didn’t do much this year. A duck stuffed with cinnamon apples instead of a turkey and home grown sweet potatoes and homemade bread. And a Northern Spy Pie

1 Like

I don’t remember anyone being sick like that at big family events either. Now, everyone seems sick all the time. Just more reasons why I avoid peopling :rofl: