Hello Desigers, I want participate in a graphic d

Hello Desigers,

I want participate in a graphic design competition, below is design for the competition, please how good the design is ?, What are the corrections ?, And what I have to change to win the competition ?

The best way to win a design competition is not to compete.

4 Likes

@Steve_O I didn’t understand your statement sir, please elaborate.

Steve’s comments might more sense if you read the Graphic Design Forum’s position on crowdsourcing contests.

This forum’s position on spec work and crowdsourcing contests is similar to those of most professional design organizations.

2 Likes

Contests belittle the field of graphic design.

Contests belittle the designer participating.

If you do participate you’ll be one of potentially hundreds of contestants and you probably won’t win. That’s not saying anything about you personally or your design, that’s just math.

If you do participate and you do win, contests typically pay very little, so your real hourly rate won’t be a professional rate (especially when you factor in your time time involved that is in addition to design time).

You’re better off putting the time and energy you’d spend on the contest towards finding legitimate clients that care enough about their business to work with talented, qualified design professionals.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see a lawyer contest.

2 Likes

This is funny because I was just thinking the other day of an acquaintance of mine who won an art contest for a very well-known and prestigious print magazine. His work was exceptional and I’ve always regretted not participating in those types of things. After reading this thread I no longer regret it.

These contests remind me of a couple things:

The first is those comic book art contests that the big publishers used to do back in the day (pre-internet). They’d ask readers to submit their ideas for a new character and the prize was something small like maybe $50 or a year’s subscription of comic x. Someone on one of the web forums from the early '00s recounted wanting to participate as a kid and his grandfather chastising him at the time, telling him that it’s a scam.

Basically, the big publisher gets thousands of submissions from kids and young adults, and essentially gets this fanbase to work for free (story ideas and art designs) and give up-for free- all rights to what could potentially be a million-dollar idea/character.

The second is those graphic design postings that would be found on Craigslist where the job isn’t offering to pay you but…you get to use that company as a reference.

1 Like