Hello out there! ♥♥

Printdriver here.
Been on GDF since the Before Time. And I mean way back before we lost the whole first database. So this isn’t the first time we’ve started over, really.

Getting used to the interface now that I figured out black type on white background. Didn’t take long for you guys to beat up poor iraszi on the logo and replace it already. Diggin the new one.

That avatar is just a caterpillar I found in my garden last summer. Couldn’t lay hands on the images I usually use.

6 Likes

Hi PanToshi here. I was PanToshi over at the old clubhouse, and yay! I’m PanToshi still. :grin:

Luckily for me, I had no space in my name at the old place, so unlike Craig B - adjusting’s been pretty smooth.

Just one question… anyone know where the tacos are stashed? :taco::taco::taco:

8 Likes

I still miss my space … sigh.

<< eats PanToshi’s tacos to cope.

5 Likes

I am sans space as well … but I’m adjusting LOL :smiley:

1 Like

Ratkins 4 ever! I’m glad to see many familiar names.

4 Likes

For some reason I used all lower case here in my screen name.
Not sure I’m going to recover from that.
(the other place autocorrected it on log-in for almost 14 years. Habits die hard.)

CraigB you ate those tacos? Those were the ones we swept out from under that old couch in the other place. We were gonna get some nice new ones… as soon as this place develops some pocket lint to pay for em. It’s too darn clean here.

2 Likes

Wait, those were dust bunny tacos? Even better! Yum!

1 Like

I finally made it, hello all. I’m KitchWitch the forum not-bot welcomer. Been on the old forum since 2009, was invited by Garricks. This new site is blocked for me at work (boo), which is where I did most of my GDFing in the past. It’ll take me a while to remember to check in after work now. I’m sure new members will be devastated not to get the welcome message they only get to see a million times. :roll_eyes:

And, on my first post here, I’d just like to say… pancake.

:taco::bacon::taco::bacon::taco::bacon:

Hey, if you hover over the emojis, it tells you what they are. So many questions answered… :sweet_potato::rice_cracker::thinking:

7 Likes

Blocked? Odd. I guess you never know what sort of nefarious and illicit activities might be afoot on a dangerous site like this.

2 Likes

I missed this thread somehow… Oh well, I’m Kool, I was member number 17 at the old forum and I believe number 3 here. I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a Mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

LOL I found this gem a few days ago when I was looking through some old documents from 1996.

10 Likes

That was awesome :smiley: LOL

Well my intro is sorely lacking!!! This is amazeballs as the new kids would say :grin::grin::grin:

Supposedly some kid used that for his college application back in the 80s. I’m not sure if that is true or just an urban legend LOL

4 Likes

This is amazing.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m calebninja.

I was on the old forum for a couple of years or so and now I have successfully migrated to the new forum.

I am an in-house designer in a small marketing department for a niche B2B industry. This is my first design job out of college and I have been in my role for three years. Being the only designer for the company I work for I get to do it all. Web design, email campaigns, videos, brochures and even designed a trade-show display. But, with this comes not being able to grow from another designer or received feedback from other designers.

I can’t really say what realm of design I gravitate towards most. I used to love to draw when I was younger and thought that’s what I wanted to do the rest of my life. Over the years though, my love for drawing has faded and I find myself unable to focus when I sit down to draw.

I really enjoy the discussion here at GDF compared to other design communities. Some may consider GDF to be too doom and gloom, but I consider it honest and valuable. I am not a fan of communities that praise logofolios and minimalist illustrations that have no intended audience.

Anyway, good to see everyone adjusting to the new forum. I’m going to have to get used to PD’s new avatar (I miss the cat!!)

6 Likes

Welcome back Calebninja!! :slight_smile: :+1::bacon::taco::purple_heart:

1 Like

Don’t get used to that photo. That’s just a temp image. I couldn’t find my cat photo and have to make a new one.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww I remember sad kitty :heart:

dca532cb9dd898f187870a962081ed07--sad-kitty-sad-cat

3 Likes

Tea. Haven’t participated much at the old forum site in a while but good to see a new and improved site.

I teach art and graphic design in high school and usually send one or two kids off to a post secondary institution to really learn the art. But this is where I came to for advice when I first started teaching GD to them as my skill set with Adobe was limited and needed to organize the content of what I teach. I’m far from an expert but I know enough to give the kids a good taste of what the career might entail and occasionally a student comes back and shares that they knew much more than the rest of their class. Thanks to the good people here for helping me help them!

I also do my own artwork, an advocate for the arts, and am the board chair for a local art center.

7 Likes

Tea!!! So good to see you my darlin :smiley: :heart::heart:

1 Like