Help with Multiple Images & Text

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question
but I need help. I have the same back ground image but I have 480 different lines of Text
that I want put on the same background 480 times.

I was wondering if there is an easier way to put them all on at the same time with the same size and font.
without having to do it 1 each 480 times. they also have to all go within a border otherwise will but cut when
printing

What format are the lines of text right now? Are they in Word? Can you select and copy all of them at once?

Yes I can select all the lines at once. They are on wordpad I believe they are default format, but I can change it to the format that I want, I just don’t want to copy and paste the line one at a time 480 times, to go onto the same background image. I was just hoping there was a faster way.

What software are you using to combine the text and background?

InDesign? Word?

Well I used wordpad to type out the 480 lines
then put them on Random.org to randomize it

I have my design on Paint.net and have been copying and pasting one, saving it, and then repeating

I’m pretty much making a party game that is similar to cards against humanity and I have 480 text that need to be put onto red cards, and then another 100 text that need to be put onto red cards

Well, I know how to do what you’re asking, but not using those online tools.

Even Word would be better. You could paste the text all at once into the word document. Then you can assign a format style (font, size, etc.) to the text. The style will affect all the text. When you make a change to the style, all the text will change at once.

But if you’re going to use Random and paint.net, I can’t help you.

OKay thanks DocPixel. But after I copy and paste them into a word document, How would get all 480 lines of text to 480 on to the same background image at the same time.

(Use youtube or google to search how to do these steps in Word.)

1. You would put the background image into Word first and lock it.
  2. Set the image to be behind text.
  3. Then paste the text into the word document.
  4. Set a style for the text and apply the style to all the text. It will have to be a very tiny font size.

If this doesn’t do it for you, you can try:

• Contacting local graphic design college students.
  • You could post a job offer in the classified section, some of us might help you for pay.
  • Find a different kind of group that can help you better. We are graphic designers that use Adobe professional software.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Are you trying to make individual cards with the same background image, but a different line of text on each card?
If so, do you have any of the Adobe software and do you have access to Excel?

1 Like

^this. In 5 to 10 mins you’d be done.

As near as I could tell, I think the OP wants to place 480+ lines of text on one piece of paper. Since they were trying to randomize it online, I suspect they wanted to do a wordcloud thing on a background, with the 480 lines of text.

I don’t think they have the software/knowledge to use the tools that we would use.

Hopefully they can find someone who has at least Word and Excel, and can help them.

I’m pretty much making a party game that is similar to cards against humanity and I have 480 text that need to be put onto red cards, and then another 100 text that need to be put onto red cards

That sounds to me like 480 individual cards. Plus another 100 individual cards.

This can be done quickly with a software that can handle variable data. Or one that can do a data merge.
Word may be able to do it, but I’m not that familiar with Word.

But like Kem said, if you had Illustrator or Indesign, and Excel it would take, well, maybe a little longer than 10 minutes to enter your text into Excel, a few minutes to do your template in InD or Illy and no time at all to do the merge.

I assumed that “How would get all 480 lines of text to 480 on to the same background image at the same time” that “background image” meant one printed piece. But you’re probably right, they meant one image on multiple cards.

And yes, Word could do it, as could InDesign and MS Access. I’ve actually done many data merges in the past. They said the text was in Wordpad, so it could be imported into Excel easily, and then merged into (preferably) InDesign.

But the OP didn’t seem to understand how to use Word or any other software to do it. Other than telling them to email everything so one of us could do it for them, I don’t know how else to help them. :thinking:

Problem is, they’ll want to print it after…

Yeah!

If they don’t have either the software or the knowledge to use it, how do we help them?

I’m not into helping someone to build a house without a hammer either.
Sounds like they are gonna have to plug along with their 500-some-odd copy/pastes.

Explain the importance of using the right tools for the job. Explain why and what can go wrong when the wrong tools are used. Set them on the correct path instead of the path of kludging.

They don’t seem to be here to have it explained to them. But I guess you could message them. :wink:

Use data merge in Indesign. Same process as a pile of addressed envelopes, name cards, numbered stickers etc.

If you’re printing them yourself, you save the merged doc to PDF and then lay them up on larger sheets for print.

1 Like