How do I break in? Best approaches

Part of my views on this come from my work situation. My background is graphic design, but I’m in charge of overseeing the communication, marketing and creative staffs. Previously, these functions were managed under different people, but we decided that consolidating the management of these staff would produce a more seamless and cohesive approach to getting everyone on the same page.

Everything anyone does is both a “what” and a “why.” Every solution is an interim goal to another interim goal of a vague underdeveloped ultimate goal.

That may have been a strategic communication efficiency decision in your company. In some companies, it’s a financial cost-cutting decision that often results in poor quality work from understaffing and employees spread too thin.

Consolidate, downsize, and eventually automate. The Janus face, every solution creates a new problem. Where does it end?

Phhuuuh . . . okay maybe my point would have come across better as a conditional statement rather than a direct one.

If graphic design is what, then marketing is why.

2 Likes

Coding is the what of software and content formats.
Software is the what of content development and display.
Content is the what of graphic design.
Graphic design is the what of marketing communications.
Marketing communications is the what of marketing.
Marketing is the what of making money.
Money is the what of achieving power and status.
Power and status are the what of survival and getting your kicks.
Survival and getting your kicks are the what of happiness.
Achieving happiness is what most people think life is all about.

1 Like

What TF?

1 Like

That’s the ultimate question to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. 42 is the answer.

1 Like