How Do I Install a Third-Party Plugin?

I downloaded Filter Forge 9 and want to install it in Photoshop. When I open the Plugins panel in PS, both the Browse and Manage options take me to the CC app homepage. How on earth do I actually install one? (Using the most recent version of CC). Thank you!

What OS?

10.15.6, iMac

Manually?
With no installer?
That would be odd.
Because Filter Forge 9 comes with a .dmg installer.
You may have to go back to the website and redownload it.

I installed with .dmg. Is it supposed to plug into Adobe automatically? Not showing up in PS (restarted) unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

It looks like their website has its own forums, have you tired there or directly reaching out to the company?

Did you check under Plugins? You’re looking at filters in that screenshot…

1 Like

It looks like their website has its own forums, have you tired there or directly reaching out to the company?

Just about to do that…

Did you check under Plugins? You’re looking at filters in that screenshot…

This is the sequencing…I can’t find anywhere in PS or CC home that allows me to install a third party plugin. Which of course you have to be able to…

From an Adobe forum I posted in. At least I’m not losing it. Waiting to hear back from Filter Forge customer support…

Did you have Filter Forge in the previous version of Photoshop before the update?
And are you downloading the October 23 version of Filter Forge that supports installing on Photoshop 2021?

I also found this:

Technically you aren’t supposed to drag plugins from folder to folder. They may not install all the key elements if hidden files are used elsewhere on your computer to interface with the online portion of Filter Forge. Proceed with caution if you do this. If anything else breaks, suspect the dragged plug-in and remove it. Be sure Photoshop is closed before doing.

I did not have FF prior to either update (CS or FF). For now I’m using it as a standalone program. I’m not as impressed as I expected, so when the trial is up, I don’t think I’ll purchase it. So…problem solved in a roundabout way. :stuck_out_tongue: