How to know how to make overall design better?

I am trying to create social media media design poster, now the issue is I don’t know what to add to make it better. Now I want to know what are the ways or method which tells us that this design is good enough or what things can be added. For context these are the social media design post which I am trying to make.
Artboard 2 copy 5
Artboard 2 copy 6
Artboard 2 copy 7
Artboard 2 copy 8
Artboard 2 copy 9
Artboard 2 copy 10
Artboard 2 copy 11
Artboard 2 copy 12
Artboard 2 copy 13

Are you creating this for the manufacturer or is it just a portfolio piece?

Assignment of University for a friend. I know this is unethical but considering the universties just give the assignment without teaching it I think it’s fair I help out a friend.

Your last post puts your question in a better context. It’s a student project, so I’m moving it to the student forum where you might more focused feedback.

At first, I wondered whether you designed the packaging, but a Google search tells me these are real products you’re using in your assignment (which is fine). I’m assuming these are all separate ads instead of a long, vertical ad.

Why social media? Was that the assignment? How do the ads on social media differ from the ads on any other site?

Why should anyone care that Super Crisp is “Introducing Dino Munchies” or “Twister” or any of the other chips? You haven’t provided a reason. You’ve also provided no call to action. For example, why should viewers click on the ad? Where will it lead them and what’s in it for them? A coupon? A special offer? A contest? What?

The last ad makes little sense. Read it to yourself again. “We are about to great a great flavours mouthwatering potatoes chips.” Huh? There are other problems with the writing (punctuation, passive wording, etc.). You haven’t even mentioned what the products are in the ad.

Are these static ads? Is there any motion in them?

Use your own experience. You’ve seen ads for years as a consumer. What appeals to you? What makes you click on an ad on a website? Be objective; if you saw these ads for the first time, would you pay attention to them? If not, what would grab you? What would make you think to yourself, “I need to find out more”?

1 Like

Why social media? Was that the assignment? How do the ads on social media differ from the ads on any other site?

This was the assignment

strong text

Do your designs have anything that is mentioned in point 4?

You’ve just shown the flavour and some boring text describing the flavour.

Look how they showcase their products - it’s not the most exciting.

But a few ideas pop into mind.
Special Event or Engagement based posts.
Offer a chance to win a prize by guessing a ‘crunch noise’.
Maybe a picture of a family eating the crisps on a couch and crunch noises coming from them.
“Guess the Noise and win a PRIZE!”

Where’s your ‘occasional’ packet?
What about something for Valentines - love heart crisps with a love message.

What special promotions can you offer?

C’mon - you can do better!

“Bar-B-Q” is just wrong. Spell it out “barbecue” or use BBQ (at least here in the US, which these probably aren’t, and I’m to lazy to check.)

This is someone else’s homework?

Yup I am helping a friend.

I agree with some of the comments made that the typography could be more exciting and dynamic. Look at the social media accounts of similar types of brands and see what they’re doing. Experiment with different fonts, angling of the text, using a mix of cases (all caps vs. all lowercase vs. title case). The geometric sans serif font that you chose does contrast the fonts used in the logo and the packaging design, and choosing a contrasting font is often a good way to go — but in this case, it doesn’t fit with the vibe of the brand. It’s very static by comparison. Hope that sparks some ideas!

Shouldn’t they be doing their own design assignment?

Not if the instructor does not teach them how to do it. The class instructor cannot expect some one to create something without teaching them.

Why should anyone care that Super Crisp is “Introducing Dino Munchies” or “Twister” or any of the other chips? You haven’t provided a reason. You’ve also provided no call to action. For example, why should viewers click on the ad? Where will it lead them and what’s in it for them? A coupon? A special offer? A contest? What?

I have tried to think about it and try to add the reason on it but I am failed to provide it. I don’t know what to do I have seen different samples references but I can’t thing about the product social media add by myself in the end I just end up may be you can guide can guide me from where I need to look at it or what skill I am lacking due to which I am unable to understand it.

This is best I can think of

Just for the sake of presenting another point of view, the instructor also cannot evaluate a student’s current level of aptitude if they turn in work done by someone else.

In your shoes, I’d want to help my friend too, but I’d also want to consider other possibilities. It could be that the instructor is looking for a baseline upon which to judge raw talent, or determine whether any exists in your friend and the rest of the class. Perhaps the instructor has taught something that your friend didn’t learn. Or, maybe the lesson is that as a designer, your friend can expect to get assignments that leave them in a “cold start” position. We all know that happens a lot. I might also consider that the instructor could immediately recognize that your friend has received this “help” and the outcome will be worse than if your friend had turned in work done independently. Your intervention could constitute a taint of process. Just sayin’.

Here are a few guidelines to make your social media design poster more impactful:

Keep it simple: Avoid clutter and ensure that your design is visually appealing and easy to read. Use a clear font, color scheme, and composition.

Use high-quality images: Use high-resolution images that are relevant to your message and fit the aspect ratio of the platform you’re using.

Make it shareable: Add social sharing buttons to your design, so it can easily be shared on other platforms.

Include a call to action: Encourage engagement by including a clear and compelling call to action, such as “Share now” or “Learn more.”

Optimize for mobile: Ensure that your design looks good on different devices, including smartphones and tablets.

Consider your target audience: Consider the demographics and interests of your target audience when creating your design.

Use branded elements: Use your brand’s color palette, logo, and typography to create consistency and brand recognition.

Keep it up-to-date: Stay current by incorporating current events, trends, and news into your design.

Test and refine: Continuously test and refine your design based on feedback and engagement metrics.

By following these guidelines, you can create social media design posters that are visually appealing, effective, and engaging.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.