I found this dark blue background with spots/stars. How do I recreate this?
My best bet would be that the work was done in Photoshop.
– Base layer of dark blue.
– Second layer of slightly lighter blue.
– Grunge / dirt / dust layer used for fainter / farther away stars.
– Since the larger stars appear to be placed more strategically, they were probably created with a soft brush.
Step 1 - Log in to your favorite stock photo website
Step 2 - Perform search for “star background”
Step 3 - Select your favorite star background
Step 4 - It’s Miller-time, babe!
Easy in Illustrator…
- Take a screenshot of that image, paste it in Illustrator.
- Create a square, then another square, rotate top square to match. Eye drop the color from the screenshot.
- Grunge textures (vector) are a dime a dozen! Google it.
- Redraw the moon and add a few dots (yellow and white) to represent the stars.
- Can be done in about 15 min in illustrator.
Make sure your color is set to White for Grunge and Soft Brush (that’s something I sometimes forget before I bang my hand palm to my head accompanied by the word “DUH!” spoken under my breath)