How to spread resources over HDD, SSD, NVMe for efficient workload

I’m working on a PC with the following specs:
CPU: i7-5820k
Mobo: Asrock X99 extreme4
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

As far as storage is concerned I’m got my OS and apps (in this case we are talking about Photoshop CC2017 and Illustrator CC2017 and) on a Crucial MX300 525GB sata3 SSD and my library/projects on a 7200rpm HDD because of their size. I recently got myself a 960 EVO m.2 NVMe SSD, haven’t installed it yet, I’m thinking of rearranging my resources for more efficient workload.

From what I’ve seen reinstalling the OS onto the NVMe drive doesn’t seem to be worth the trouble just to gain a couple of seconds in boot-time. What I’ve come up in theory is something like this:

• Keep OS on the SSD.
  • Move Photoshop/Illustrator installations on the NVMe
  • Using my SSD or my NVMe as scratch disks maybe? Moving stuff (installations) from my SSD to my NVMe would free-up some space, I’m a bit worried about excessive writing sessions on any of these shortening its life span, Am I being paranoid or something?
  • Maybe temporarily move some work-in-progress to my NVMe? Of course I’m talking only about larger projects.

Am I missing something? Or does this sound about right?

I’ll keep any programs you have on the SSD’s, as they greatly benefit from the rapid access they provide. Indeed, the disk writing needed to save files, and save them again, will eventually kill you SSD, so it is recommended you use a standard HDD as a scratch disk or place to save your project files as they can handle much better the writing and rewriting needs without impacting too much their lifespan.

Basically I’m wondering which stuff (if any) is worth moving to the NVMe. Application/project files or even use as cache drive.