Hunt for the control name


I’m building a design system for our products. In one application, we use a control that I can’t name. It’s a context layer that I can pull over the contents and temporarily hide it. Apple Maps mobile app uses the same control (in the pic). I wasn’t able to find how Apple calls this control (I can’t find it in the Human Interface Guidelines). What would you call it?

Thank you!

Isn’t this a variation of what Apple refers to as a “popover?”

©2021 Graphic Design Forum | Contact | Legal | Twitter | Facebook