I am new-designer ,need your help

please tell me how can I get more graphic design work and improve my self as a graphic design world. Thank You

Hi and welcome.

However, I have to say; that question was so vague as to completely expose your inexperience. How can anyone be expected to offer you any advice without any idea of your background, education, experience, ability, location 
 shall I continue? You really need to give us a lot more to go on, otherwise the answer would have to go something like, ‘First find a magic wand 
’

You will find a lot of people here willing to help and advise, but you’ll have to put even a little bit of effort in. If you approach potential employers in the same way, it’s not a huge surprise, you’re struggling to find work.

I almost passed over your post because of its lack of 
 well, anything really. Imagine how I’d feel if that were asking me for paid employment.

Start again.

1 Like

Hello there!

If you are looking for more graphic design work, depending on your current skills and experience, you can try and apply to work at a design agency or work as an in-house designer at a company. If you are confident in your abilities and like networking, you could also consider working as a freelancer (but prepare yourself for a rough start).

As for how to improve yourself as a designer, since I don’t exactly know which area you are focusing on currently, here are just some general tips:

1. Look for inspiration
There are many talented designers and agencies posting/publicizing their works on the Internet these days. You can try and find some aspiring works on Instagram, Behance, Pinterest, ArtStation (if you are an artist/UI designer for games, etc.). After you’ve found the works that you like, try to analyze what makes these works appealing/attractive, and try to find any points that you think could be improved (potentially), then try to replicate the work with your own touches.

2. Experience a lot
As a designer, while creativity is important, experience is also vital to your career. You don’t know what your agency/company or client may ask you to do tomorrow, and you don’t know which issues you may encounter during your career. As such, you should try to experience a lot with different styles, with different situations, etc. Don’t hesitate to come up and work on side projects during your free time. Try to create and simulate an environment similar to your current working environment and push your limit from there. Eventually, you will be able to build a better portfolio and has further understanding regarding various techniques which might put you ahead of your peers.

3. Networking
Networking could bring you new connections, new collaboration opportunities, new clients, etc. Networking also helps you to look at your projects/works/abilities in a more objective way, through which you could try and improve what you are lacking. Of course, that doesn’t mean being obsessive with networking is good. Everything should be done moderately. Nonetheless, connecting with more of your peers will help you to improve your experience as a designer, both in creativity and in business thinking.

Best regards,

1 Like

This will come across as a bit snarky, but I’m serious.

How much time did you put into writing your question? It’s worded poorly. You didn’t bother to capitalize the first letter of your sentence. Myself is spelled wrong, and “improve my self as a graphic design world” makes no sense. I did notice that you said “please” and “thank you,” so you’re, at least, polite.

However, if the quality of your question is any reflection of how much care you’d put into your graphic design education and work, you might as well give up now. Any profession, including graphic design, demands adherence to some basic standards that show one is serious and cares about professionalism and quality.

Approach potential clients with a hurriedly written introduction, like you posted here, and they’ll hit the delete key before the first sentence is finished.

To answer your question more directly, the way to get clients is to first improve your skills, not the other way around. The usual way is through a formal education. Yes, this requires a serious commitment.

2 Likes

hey! sorry for anything wrong,but i just asking about which marketplace is good for graphic designer as new or exert-ice,nothing else

Thank you for your great advice

Thank you, for your great advice and sorry! i think i will try to improve my English writing skill and thanks again for advice about graphic design education.

I go back to my original comment about needing to know more your education, ability etc. General advice would be:

1. You need a passion for what you do, to see you through the tough times.

2. Get an education.

3. Get experience.

4. Put together the best portfolio you can.

5. Target who you want to work for and contact them with a persuasive reason why they should hire you.

However, all that is academic, general and fairly useless. If you are already a graphic designer, albeit a newbie, as you imply, then you should have one to four covered and are just stuck on five.

That being the case, then in order to help, we’d need more information and to ideally see samples of your work. We’d need to know what fires you. What areas are your passion. What field do you want to work in. If you can answer these questions, then you can probably answer point five yourself.

If however, you have not even started the journey and are stood at base camp looking up to number one, then the advice will be different again.

Do you see what I mean? We need to know more about where you are and where you want to be,

If you are one of the legion of ‘design is cool. I want to be a designer, cos I was good at art in school’ and points one to five are a completely new concept to you, please, please don’t think you can just be a designer. You have to cover points 1-4 before even thinking about working as a designer.

Of course, there will always be people who don’t have the formal education and are successful, but they really are a rarity and usually super-talented, in these days of every other person seeming to want to be a designer ‘cos it’s cool’. Employers are going to be looking for a degree before even considering applicants – unless their portfolio is really that good.

Oh, and

1. You absolutely have to be very good at what you do.

Seasoned designers – and they will be the ones who will be interviewing you – can spot a good designer a mile off and equally, a lack of talent shines out just as brightly.

I am not trying to put you off, but just don’t go into it lightly, as though it’s a cool and trendy way to make a living. It’s a hard slog to get there – just the same as if you wanted to be a lawyer or a doctor. There’s a correct way to go about starting a career. In these professions if you tried to practice without the right qualifications, you’d be arrested. I’ve seen armies of young designers who have skipped points two–four who really should be arrested.

Tell us more about yourself and we can be more specific with our help.

1 Like

Hello,
You need to do practice on regular basis to get new work and enhance your skills.

Hi,

You have not clearly mentioned your interests and expertise in the graphic designing field. It seems like you have not decided your particular niche i.e. logo designer or a custom illustrator. First, you have to align your passion in the direction of a particular niche. Once you will find the right direction for your career in graphic designing then you can start creating a personal brand. It will help you to reach out to the right people who would like to purchase your designs for their business. So the code to a successful career in the graphic designing field is:

• Find Your niche

• Create your personal brand

• Reach out to the right audience

1 Like

I have an alternate viewpoint on that.

In my opinion, one needs to get the basics down and become something of a generalist before specializing and drilling down on a niche.

It’s a bit like the way education is approached in general. A student goes through many years of elementary and secondary education learning the basics of many different things before moving on to higher education at a college or university and choosing a field in which to specialize. Go beyond that to graduate school, and the specialization narrows down even further.

I don’t think it’s possible to be become really good in any graphic design niche without first developing basic competence in the broader field.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t deny your ideas also. But I think, having an objective in mind first and then planning to achieve is the right approach. You are right a person should go through the long journey of education. but there is always a room for smarter approaches as well.

Exactly. You have to know the rules before you can start to break some.

I’m guessing most of us started down this road with an initial interest in something specific. However, as basics are learned, our perspectives broaden and those initial interests give way to a more thorough foundational understanding that leads down paths that we were unable to be fully consider at the start.

Locking oneself into a premature focus on something too narrow at the beginning can preempt and restrict that growth. This is one of the main reason why a solid university liberal arts education with a major in graphic design is so important for those considering a profession in design. Obviously, there are other viable paths, but a good, solid knowledge of things beyond the periphery of one’s initial or core interests — however it’s obtained — is still essential to separating the merely competent from the insightful designer.

1 Like

Like any other person, the only way to get better is to practice and become familiar with the programs. Find your style of art and design that you love, it’ll make you have much more fun and enjoyment when working. Create an online portfolio and get your work out there through social media (: It takes time but it’s worth it in the end. Hard work pays off. Good luck (:

Hi Monwhit,
Welcome to this forum. You are absolutely right. Getting better and attaining maturity in any field is not possible without practice and knowledge of the relevant softwares. When you take your first step and design something though roughly, opens your mind and doors of innovative ideas. When we keep pouring our best efforts and build our portfolio, the designs we draw and the way we do becomes our style and identity. So design is something that silently defines our personality.
Once portfolio is constructed, must publicize it on social media. One may catch clients from social media and can build one’s worth through work.
Persistence pays off in the end.
All the best.
Thanks