I want friends to help me with my studies

Actually First no need to find friends. If you want to learn graphics design, there are a lot of resources on the internet. First youtube. Youtube has a lot of things about Graphics designing. First, learn and try your self something about graphics designs. When you try you will get problems. Search on google and find how to resolve these things. If you can’t find use forums like this.

Here we go again…

In very simple terms:

You CANNOT learn to be an effective graphic designer (NOT graphics designer) from YouTube videos.

This is yet another case of the blind leading the blind. If you are going to learn, learn in the right way, otherwise you will never make a career, more importantly, you’ll never really know what you are actually doing and you’ll end up advising people incorrectly with misinformation.

Would you ever tell someone who wants to be a lawyer to learn from YouTube videos? There may be snippets of information (spurious or otherwise), but that is a long way from joined-up knowledge and understanding. You’ll never pass the bar and never be able to practice law.

The quicker this industry is regulated, the better so we can weed out the Charlatans.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath. That ship sailed two decades ago. You’ll never see any kind of regulation. Ever. And certainly not world-wide

I know, but one can but hope.

I somehow feel a little embarrassed that i was a youtube guy, and additional to this is I’ve join this wonderful forum to get more in-depth insight. From my journey to graphic design i’ts true that you can’t get deep dive when you only use youtube as resource… but… it can give you a little hint of what you need and can do for the next step.

The crit pit is a good place to have feedback, don’t take it personal. There’s no shortcut.

Well… it’s just my opinion, and I’m not even a graphic designer… yet. hahaha

Indeed, but there are too many people out there who feel, this alone qualifies them to offer professional services to unsuspecting clients. It’s tantamount to selling snake oil. This is further compounded by crowd-source competition sites…

I feel a huge rant coming on, so I’ll leave it right there.

That’s true. Professional work need professional person.

I’ve through many field in life and work and indeed I’m not polish enough to take a professional services for all of it. Formerly I was a programmer, after I write my huge code of web program I then see result was make my eyes hurt :grinning: and realised I need eye for design.

So… being in college is pain, but the pain is what makes you a better designer :rofl: :rofl: