Ideas mixing emergency signs and decorative signs

For example, lots of buildings has emergency reflecting signs nearby the decorative signs:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Not really sure what youโ€™re asking or referring to here - can you elaborate?

sorry, i ommited some words as only 50 charecters are availble on titleโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m looking for ideas, or photos of signs that mixing those emergency reflecting signs with decorative signs.
I mean why does the main sign cannot shine at dark, thus being approved as emergency signs in itself?

There is no rule that the main sign canโ€™t glow in the dark. But often construction techniques for branded decor signage donโ€™t allow for glow in the dark (whether that means electric power or glow in dark paint, Iโ€™m not sureโ€ฆ)

For instance, you canโ€™t make perf metal and solid metal lettering face glow.

Also, there are local fire code ordinances in place that also have to be met. Decorative signage may not have the correct stroke weights or emphasis that are required by local law.

Are you the same person that was looking for combinations of wayfinding and exit signage about a month ago?

For instance in the image you posted, the decorative sign uses a low contrast combination of shiny metal, serifed lettering on a dark blue backer. The designer here tried to apply contrast to the number by putting a gray box behind the number but that really doesnโ€™t help with legibility.

The emergency sign below it shows the more blocky sans serif font in a high contrast color combination that is usually required for site impaired people. In the US, under the Americans With Disabilities Act, the letter height, contrast, stroke width etc are all specified. The result is not something condusive to beautiful design. Plus it varies in how itโ€™s used. Stairwells and floor levels are specified differently from other overhead exit signage.

As long as you can work within your local and governmental safety constraints, design you sign combination any way you want to.

Yes it was me.
Thanks for your answer.
I know the reason why it was nessesery to install this exrta glowing sign. i just want to design a sign that will be both decorative and glowing at dark (appllying with all fire dept. regulations)

Thus, iโ€™m searching for examples to this kind of signs that has already been giving a thought of being both glowing AND decorative. thats way i posted this.

I donโ€™t know how legal any of these are.
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.12.46 AM Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.11.41 AM
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.14.21 AM
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.15.18 AM
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.12.22 AM
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.16.06 AM

As for stairwell signs, lives are depending on these. Mostly firefighter lives. The numbering is big and ugly and high contrast so it can be seen clearly in bad conditions. They are not lit so that if the light fails they are still serviceable using a flashlight or helmet torch. You donโ€™t mess with emergency egress much. This one is actually a bad example because it is confusing.
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.23.33 AM

I found this article which might be of help: