IHOP rebranding

I’ve eaten there a few times. They have a bunch of signs all over the walls of newspapers and publications praising their burgers. Really? I’d put them a notch above a typical fast food burger. But if I want a burger, I’d prefer to cook it myself.

2 Likes

There was a home-cooking restaurant I went to where I traded vinyl signage for free food. Their burgers were yummy (closed now, owner retired. :frowning: )
But yeah, I prefer to cook em myself. Preferably over a nice lump charcoal fire on the grill (not briquets.)

2 Likes

I’ve tried 5 Guys once at the insistence of everyone … They were ‘‘to die for burgers’’. Was it a good burger? Yes. It tasted like a burger with cheese and grilled onions. My arms were dripping with grease and I shelled out 9 bucks for it. Was I any more satisfied than with a 4 dollar burger at McDonald’s? No.
I must not have a very fancy palate. I thought they were good but not better than any other fast food burger I’ve had and certainly not mind blowing for nearly twice the price. In all honesty I actually enjoyed their fries more. I’m a sucker for a salty, crispy, fried potato :smiley:

As I said earlier I really love my homemade burgers … I would rather grill my own. Cooked exactly as I like with the topping and amounts I favor :slight_smile:

As for the whole Ihop/Ihob thing … I really do hope it’s a big colossal joke. If so it’s brilliant. It’s sparked LOTS of interest and perhaps re-lit fires for a fading business :slight_smile:

The best burger I’ve ever gotten (out) was at a Mexican restaurant. Totally unexpected and divine.

1 Like

Their menu doesn’t even have any hipstery millennial burger combinations like the trendy burger places in gentrified subdivisions. Where are the burgers with bacon patties as buns, with sausage, more bacon, a fried egg, avocado, a middle pan-cake bun and Nutella?

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin: Don’t give them any ideas! LOLOL :smiley:

Now you all did it! Mushroom Bacon Blue Cheese burgers for dinner.

2 Likes

YUM! :smiley:

123456 so I can post comment lmao :smiley:

2 Likes

Sort of weird, I know, but I’ve never eaten a hamburger — never even tasted one. I’ve eaten plenty of pancakes, but only done so once on my single visit to an IHOP.

I think all burger joints and IHOPs would go out of business tomorrow if everyone had overly picky eating habits like mine. :thinking:

here comes the gap change
if you dont know, gap changed their logo, then changed it back.
also i didnt know other people read Brand New! I read it for school.

Tropicana got into a very expensive brand change and change back. They got product on the shelves before everyone hated it.

The difference is that IHOP isn’t actually re-branding anything. It’s only a temporary change on their website and other internet locations.

They’ve said several times that the “name change” is just a way to promote its new line of burgers, a tactic to get people talking about the company- and will be changed back after a certain amount of time.

I have a feeling this is all PR to draw awareness to their burgers.

I think you’re right.

I was sort of dismissive of the whole campaign, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

First, it brought attention to a restaurant chain that few people give a second thought to.

Second, when people do think about them, they think breakfast. Given that their restaurants are open throughout day, it makes sense for them to change that breakfast-only image by marketing new lunch and evening menus.

They won’t give up on pancakes, and they won’t change their name. The whole campaign seems to be an attention-getter designed to tell the public that they’re more than just pancakes — they’re ready to compete with Denny’s, Red Robbin, Village Inn, Cracker Barrel and everyone else for the lunch crowd too.

The CEO has said that it was a marketing scheme a while back. They aren’t rebranding

1 Like

From a design stand point I think they will be fine, but from a marketing stand point I think it’s a HUGE mistake switching their name just like that and in all honesty IHOP rolls off the tongue a bit better than IHOB…

Looks like IHOP is back and short stacks will be 60¢ on July 17 from 7a to 7p.

2 Likes

Well, they certainly did get folks talking about them :wink:

1 Like

Still hoping for Wabble House.

2 Likes