I'm looking for a dutch calendar for indesign

Hi,
I’m looking for a dutch calendar for indesign.
Any idea?
Thanks for any reply.

recreating the example (barring the illustrations) wouldn’t take too much time and effort in InDesign.

Thanks to reply me, you are right, the complicated part would be the data like: day number, saints, moon phases etc … I used the wizardcalendar script for indesign, but it’s not very intuitive.
If I can’t find a template for 2020, I’ll have to do it by hand of course!
Thanks

I poked around online and did find some starting points.

This actually has a lot of international options, but from what I can see it is only 2017>

Maybe something here could help.

And maybe this plugin would help.

Hi,
I had already seen the links you indicated to me, thanks anyway.
Unfortunately the developer of the plugin does not respond to my requests, he gave me good advice but not sufficient for me. I’m using that plugin and it has many features but it is really a bit complicated and not intuitive too.
Thanks a lot.

I’d suggest that you spend time brainstorming and thinking strategically as to how this could be set up in ID to make your life as easy as possible. It won’t be a “push this button” kind of template, but if you think outside the box a bit, you can cone up with some ways to make it less painful.

Hi @Steve_O
thanks to reply me.
You are right. Styles will play a fundamental role :sweat_smile:

If you do end up doing it “by hand” make sure you proof read it and get someone else with a keen eye to proof read it also. I’ve seen far too many calendars with mistakes in them. It’s an expensive mistake to make.

I would set this up manually. But that’s just how I roll.

Yes, an external check is necessary by someone else. It has already happened to me to make mistakes!
Thanks @Buda

I posted a Calendar Tutorial here;

It takes a while to setup a new layout, but once you have it you only need to change January 1st and all the dates reflow. Holidays move with the date. Then change Easter and add February 29th on a leap year and you’re done. There is more to it but not much and it saves me a lot of work every year.

On this layout the dates never move, but the days of the week do.
Saints days are the same every year so they don’t move either.
Moon phases would have to be done by hand but that’s no biggie.

All calendars take a bit of time to do.

My method is to use a table.
And then each Cell has automatic numbering applied to it and this gives 1 - 31 or how many cells you have.

Having - Saturday----Sunday on left and right side and days of week in the middle.

This way - you can apply a cell style to left and right side side cells so weekend days are converted to your automatic style.

To start a day on a particular date - simply empty the cell in the table until you are only starting on say Thursday - so the first few cells have nothing.

Then it ends on a certain date - so empty the cells in the remaining days.

For your next page/month - you just need to insert a paragraph return to start again on another date - or empty cells.

It’s really quite quick and efficient and guarantees no manual errors.

Each month then you need to call up the Saints/Moons/etc. and insert them.

I do calendars regularly and charge hefty prices for them - but I can do a calendar from start to finish in 6 hours and charge 40 hours work for it.

This is a good way to do it but Tables do not reflow across pages, which is why I use linked text boxes.

BTW this calendar is in Italian - Gennaio is Italian for January

Somehow this thread got resurrected.
It’s over a year old?
Probably a deleted spammer post.

Since when will your calendar spill over pages?

And you can most certainly reflow tables over pages, that’s no problem, it won’t split cells over pages, which is annoying but you can work around it.

Tables just sit inside text frames, and you can link your text frames across pages and have many pages holding just the 1 table.

A page per month means 12 pages, with a diary it’s a page per week. Tables do reflow over pages, you are correct. My bad.