IMO now this is a good logo

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 10.35.24
Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 10.04.17

I’d say you had a slight problem here…
Actually that’s a pretty blatant trademark infringement that will cost someone a LOT of money.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.40.33 PM

1 Like

Wow, that is interesting. Do you not think it’s sufficiently different to dodge that infringement? For Sherman College do we know the lion was not an adjusted illustration from somewhere else? The reason I thought it was good logo was because it incorporated the Lion, representative of the UK and it had a portion of the Union Jack, worked well in black and white and would look good at any size. The fact that, as has been suggested, it doesn’t have a car in it is completely irrelevant. The majority of high profile logos do not have products in them.

No…

1 Like

This was pointed out to you on another forum

Second time seeing this today.

Some one apparently tried to add it to adobe stock but it must have been removed.

It’s a blatant rip off

Yeah, OK, those are good ideas if, in this situation, they worked, but they don’t.

In addition to infringement issues that others have mentioned, only a vexillologist could readily identify corners of the Union Jack — at least for those outside the UK.

The geometric flag bits are visually unharmonious with the organic shapes of the lion. The shapes clash rather than complement each other.

Do you not think it’s sufficiently different to dodge that infringement?

Absolutely not. There is no “changing” someone else’s stuff to avoid infringement. It’s a direct overlay tracing. This would be slapped so hard the client would sue the designer for medical expenses.

For Sherman College do we know the lion was not an adjusted illustration from somewhere else?

I would imagine, based on their branding guide, that they would have put the time and effort into a trademark search. Do I know for certain? No. But that is the only one that came up with a search of both lions.

1 Like

Draw you own lion. Is it that hard?

2 Likes