Items you Mostly Buy from Online Stores

Maybe it depends on the store, the online substitution options, or what we tend to eat, but we’ve rarely had a problem during the two or three years we’ve been ordering groceries this way. As I said, I’d rather pick out produce myself since doing so involves judgment calls, but for almost everything else (I don’t eat meat), there’s not a whole lot that can go wrong.

I am not one who enjoys shopping (unless we’re talking about bicycles or camera gear :grinning:). But I am with @PrintDriver and @HotButton on the groceries. My wife and I both enjoy cooking, and going to the store is part of it — especially for produce, meat, and, to a less extent dairy (I’m talking about you, cheese). If our grocery list was mainly packaged items, it would be less of a concern. But the sights and smells of the produce section — seeing what looks fresh or smells amazing — is part of it. I know the axiom is to have a list when you go to the grocery store and only buy what’s on the list, but there is something to be said for letting what’s freshest drive the menu.

I knew I was gonna get called out on the meat :upside_down_face:

I guess that’s why I don’t mind going grocery shopping. Never thought about it. It’s part of the cooking, which I love. I have two groceries stores, one has the produce at the beginning and one with the produce at the end. Either way, I always end up going backwards to get something when something off -menu looks really good.

PD reminded me. :wink: Meat is the one thing we don’t buy online. The man takes the bus down to the local store for our meat needs. Which actually isn’t that much. (who can afford it) We tend to buy ground meat in bulk when it’s on sale, split it up and freeze it, or a few special items scattered through the year for special occasions. We would rather have eyes on that sort of choice :wink:
Since we no longer have a vehicle and the only taxi service in town closed down from the pandemic, online has been a life saver :grin:

I think I’m lucky with my local stores that deliver. They have always sent nice produce. If they are out of what I have ordered, they contact me and try to substitute if possible.

Now that you mentioned it, I am scratching my head too.

Some gaming stuff (controller, laptop etc)

Great strategy, Mostly I notice people buy the same item available at the local shops.

What do you want to know?

While we’re at it, what’s you website supposed to do? Is it something like formspree?

If we’re providing free market research for you, the least you could do is tell us how the data is being used.

Where do you notice this? Cuz the response here has been scattered pretty evenly from local groceries to only buying stuff that is NOT available locally.

Dammit. That should be “Why”.

No doubt during pandemic people online stores increase revenue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.