It's official folks

I suspect the company that owned the old forum had no particular interest in it or incentive to give it away. It’s okay, though — a fresh start with no baggage is sometimes a good thing.

1 Like

I’m under 21.
:neutral_face:

1 Like

You can have an ice cold horchata then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get it, Mr-B. I was feeling bad because I joined the old forum a month before it was shut down and in just two days I got a lot of my questions answered without posting anything on the forum. All thanks to a wealth of information that people like you and others had posted and pinned over the years. It’s sad that corporates have no interest in preserving history, something that could be of use to researchers, historians, designers and others in the future.

2 Likes

I tried to explore all options with the owners, but it was decided it had to be shut down, and we couldn’t do anything about it. As owners they had the right to do it.

The best we could do is open a new forum, which we did, so we continue to have a place to discuss our issues. This one is owned and owned privately by the community, hence the .org top level domain, so it is safe.

3 Likes

I’m sure you did everything you could to save the content, iraszi – I hope my earlier posts don’t imply otherwise.
And it’s great that you, RKK and all the others decided to open a new forum. I’m sure there are many designers, aspiring designers, artists, who are grateful to have a place where they can come to with all their design questions and be taken seriously. That’s been my experience too in the few days that I’ve been here.
Here’s hoping the new forum is as fantastic as the old one, if not better.

1 Like

didnt help , didnt eve know we were going anywhere …can i get a beer though?

It was announced on the old forum a while back and had an announcement banner on the forum :wink:

I’ll have to see some ID before I can give you a beer :smiley: :smiley: