It's that sweet day of the week again! ♥

happy-friday-vintage-background-with-colorful-balloons_23-2147665554

Happy Friday Everyone!

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

I hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Here are some interesting tid-bits for your reading pleasure.

October Events In History

The Television series “The Twilight Zone” premiered (1959)

Walt Disney World opened in Orlando, Florida (1971)

Peanuts comic strip by Charles Schultz first appeared in newspapers (1950)

Frank Robinson becomes major leagues baseball’s first black manager for the Cleveland Indians. (1974)

The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time (1921)

Thomas Edison showed the 1st motion picture (1889)

The first Physician’s Assistants graduate from Duke University (1967)

The general public was first admitted into the Washington Monument.

Space Shuttle Challenger astronaut Kathryn Sullivan became the first American woman to walk in space. (1984)

The very first Oktoberfest is held in Munich, Bavaria, Germany (1810)

The U.S. Continental Navy was created.

Martin Luther King Jr was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (1964)

“I Love Lucy” premiered on television. (1951)

U.S. Department of Transportation was created (1966)

Marie Antoinette was guillotined for treason. (1793)

Cuban Missile crisis begins. (1962)

Mobster Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion. (1931)

The Senate passed a bill making Martin Luther King’s Birthday a national holiday. (1983)

The Revolutionary War ended. (1781)

Thomas Edison invented the incandescent electric lamp. (1879)

25,000 women marched gin New York City demanding the right to vote. (1915)

The United Nations came into existence. (1945)

Anna Edison Taylor is the first person to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel. (1901)

U.S. forces invade Grenada. (1983)

The Erie Canal opens, connecting Lake Erie to the Hudson River. (1825)

The “Gunfight at the OK Corral” occurs. Wyatt Earp, his two brothers, and “Doc” Holliday, have a shootout with the Ike Clanton gang. (1881)

The Erie Canal opens. (1825)

President Theodore Roosevelt’s birthday. (1858) The “Teddy bear” was named after him.

France presented the U.S. with the statute of Liberty. (1886)

The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is completed. (1965)

The New York Stock Exchange crashed on what came to be known as “Black Tuesday”, starting the Great Depression (1929)

Magician Harry Houdini dies from complications of a ruptured appendix. (1926)

Indian Prime Minister Indira Ghandi was assassinated. (1984)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND GANG! :smiley:

tsfinally-friday-let-the-weekend-begin-cheers-24590535

3 Likes

Thanks Red, have a fun weekend!

1 Like

I’m most definitely ready for the weekend. Five more hours on the clock for me and it begins. :grin:

1 Like

My home town made the trivia! If you ever find yourself in St. Louis, the Arch is worth seeing. Yes, it’s a St. Louis cliche, but it’s also a beautiful piece of sculpture. There’s a documentary you can see in the museum under the Arch that is totally worth seeing, too.

And Happy Friday, too! I can’t believe another Friday has rolled around already. Enjoy it.

1 Like

40 minutes and counting…

39 minutes and counting

1 Like

38 minutes and counting

1 Like

Happy Friday guys!

I’m are heading to Mexico (via San Francisco) in 10 days for much needed holiday! I figure if I work 7 days a week for several months, then take a month off, it’s the equivalent of taking all my weekends at once. So I’m trying to finish off my work but we’re also having some friends over today for a barbecue (grill). We haven’t used our barbecue in 2 years so hopefully there’s no wild things living in it.

3 Likes

Hornets usually infest mine if left for too long.
37 minutes…

1 Like

I hope there are no hornets.

1 Like

Totes Jelly :smiley:

LOL :smiley:

Lucky you! Sounds fun! That’s sure a long flight from Auckland, though. :airplane: :clock5:

1 Like

What a productive weekend. I’ve been through a pretty busy period with work, and many non-essential work activities have been put off for months. I spent a good chunk of Saturday and most of Sunday afternoon working in my office. Archived job files, freed up 60 gig on my internal hard drive, organized client files, organized work samples, and pitched / recycled / shredded everything I possibly could. For someone like me that likes things neat and organized, that’s a good weekend.

1 Like

We spent the weekend at Busch Gardens in Virginia, which at this time of year puts on its “Howl-O-Scream” garb. I didn’t expect it, but while we were there, I found yet another use for zip ties. It seems stuffed werewolves use them to avoid falling out of trees.

2 Likes

LOL…nothing worse than jumping out of a tree to grab your prey and you forget to cut those ties … that’s gonna leave a mark :wink:

2 Likes

Hey! That’s my shirt!

1 Like

So where exactly were you during the last full moon? Was there a night or two where the details the next day seemed a little fuzzy? Any mysterious bits of fur around the house or large, muddy dog tracks leading up to your front door? Just wondering.

2 Likes

With playing in the garden and two cats, I have the muddy tracks and mysterious bits of fur covered.
:footprints::scream_cat::scream_cat:

1 Like

lmao you two :smiley:

I also have this t shirt. It is soo nice.