Just a little note

It was meant as a sarcastic response to the wave of political correctness which seems to be the fashion at the moment. Everyone seems too afraid to voice their real opinions for the fear of offending anyone. I’m sorry this did not come across clearly enough, I thought the smiley at the end was a big enough clue.

Obviously not.

1 Like

No worries. I got it. And appreciated it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 Like

Same … lots of leftovers in the future. But, that’s ok … I love leftovers :smiley: And I love the cold roast beast sandwich for lunch the next day :wink:

Oooh it’s almost that time!

yummy

I remember mom making some kind of roast beast hash the next day, with left over mashed potatoes. Buuuut…with what this thing cost? Not experimenting today, that for shur.
Gonna warm it back up for dinner with some double baked potatoes on the side (mashed mixed with bacon, green onion and sour cream to get rid of ALL the leftovers, LOL!)

1 Like

The cost is painful :frowning:

I’ve never attempted hash from a roast. (although I do love hash) It’s always used for another roast beast meal :wink: and we will definitely be having a nice dinner from it tonight and probably tomorrow night.

I have been a part of this forum for many years and this is the first post I, personally, have ever seen from you. That is why your sarcasm did not communicate to me (even with a smiley face.) Had you been a regular contributor, and established yourself as a trusted contributor, then the sarcasm would not have been taken so seriously. Sarcasm is an aggressive form of humor that can be easily misinterpreted, and in this case, you came across as a far-left protestor compared to the normal Christmas greetings others have posted here. Next time, let us get to know you first before you start using sarcasm as humor.

PJMiller has been a good forum member for a few months. I’m surprised you haven’t noticed.

His post was so over-the-top politically correct that I’m surprised anyone would take it seriously — especially within the context of the rest of the thread where we had already been playing around with the whole Christmas PC thing.

Humor is a little difficult to convey online with no tone of voice or body language.

All is good, though. No big deal, and just in case…

:smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing: :grinning::smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing: :grinning:

:wink:

2 Likes

We had a great day – crazy and noisy at times with a 5 year old, 18 month old, and 7 month old in the house – but a great day. Looking forward to an unseasonably warm day. I need to get out for a long bike ride and try to undo the damage from the feasting.

1 Like

Sounds like an awesome day :heart:

We had a very quiet Christmas day as it’s just the two of us. But, I had my sister and her two smallest were here Christmas Eve day and then that night one of her older girls was here with her boyfriend. Then on Sunday my college girl niece was here after coming back from NC visiting her sister and my little grand niece for Christmas. I haven’t seen my oldest niece and her babies yet. Hopefully sometime this week.

I think the hustle and bustle finally caught up with me. I was so tired I was in bed at 7:30 last night. I usually watch Youtube or Netflix but, I just couldn’t keep my eyes open. They opened this morning at 10 when my alarm went off to give my Oreo her antibiotic :stuck_out_tongue:

I say this every year and then never follow through … but next year everyone is getting a gift card lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Gift card. That’s what I got to do. Amazon no less. Easy.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking for next year :wink:

What’s that old saying … “I’m gettin’ too old for this $h!t”

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve been offline (except sporadically) for medical reasons since late October. I came back on line just prior to Christmas, so my apologies.

1 Like

I hope whatever medical problems you’ve been having are improving. I’m very glad you’re back! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed, it’s like walking on eggshells around here.

Hi!
Happy christmas everyone.

1 Like