Just a little note

… to wish everyone who celebrates a very …

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

To avoid being politically- and religiously-incorrect, I say β€œHappy Holiday” … but wait, Holiday came from halig and dΕ“g, which, in old English, mean holy and day – Oh, what the hell, Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas! :smiley:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas from me too. If that doesn’t apply, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Tolerable Festivus, a hopeful winter solstice, a relaxing weekend, and a Joyous New Year that had better be a whole lot more pleasant than the previous two years or I’m going to be very upset.
:wink:

4 Likes

Yep, Merry Christmas, all!

1 Like

Merry Christmas guys, have a great day :partying_face: :christmas_tree: !!!

1 Like

It must be really weird to have Christmas in the summertime.

1 Like

Those Aussies would disagree.

1 Like

It’s actually awesome, sit outside in the sun with a :beer: next to the BBQ with your mates :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can’t imagine a BBQ for Christmas … I think I just might like it :wink:

1 Like

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive and gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, but with respect for the religious / secular persuasions and / or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset by the generally accepted calendar of the year of 2022, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual preference and / or orientation of the wishee. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks – and a Merry Christmas to you too.

2 Likes

My mate in Wyong, NSW, is having his AC flat on. Good for him his house is fitted with solar panels, like a good proportion of the population. Canada should be so lucky.

1 Like

You’ve nailed the preferred and excessively inclusive and apologetic writing style that was in vogue at the university where I used to work. :wink:

1 Like

Seriously dude? May the bird of paradise fly up your nose :crazy_face:

I do believe there was some sarcasm involved. That’s my take and I’m gonna stick with it.
The alternative is too…depressing…for Christmas Day.
:grin:

We just had dinner. Oooog. Didn’t make a dent in the roast beast. Too much other good stuff. And don’t you hate when you go to put things away and find the cranberry sauce you meant to put on the table? :laughing:

2 Likes

Happy Day after Christmas!

1 Like

It’s called Boxing Day over here and is a public holiday. It’s the day we traditionally use for self-recrimination over the excess of the day before – then just carry on.

1 Like