Latest style?

Correct. That was a bad example. I wouldn’t base my designs off their research.

We would definately have to trust the source. I like data and data driven information but only if I can trust it otherwise, like most of you have mentioned, I’d be barking up wrong tree.

Haha, that’s fantastic. Designer colleague of mine very seriously told me that icons aren’t the trend anymore in web design and won’t be used as much. He was very proud to have that valuable information among many other trend related. It annoys me to no end.

This. Combined with marketing + Canva and similar available tools for people who need a quick design fix.

But if that’s your demographic and you want their attention than why not use it to your advantage?

Hi again!
So I finished the project that I was referring to regarding new trends per the thread. Thanks for all your advice. The project was for Tosh.0’s Season 10 main title opening and bumpers. I found a nice balance between the time-lapse of Daniel Tosh, the 3D logo the client wanted and the 2D retro style for the background that seems to be hip right now without trying to pigeon-hole the look too much.

Hopefully you guys dig it.

Thanks again!

Hey, Eric, thanks for getting back with that.
Can’t say I’m the demographic for the content of the show, but your solution definitely works.

1 Like

Not my demo either. That’s a whole other thread…designing for clients and subject matter that is completely outside our demographic.

Yes that is the part of the job that newbs just don’t get.
Quite a shocker, that first job they land and they find out they don’t get to invent their own projects.
:slight_smile: