LED Wall

Hey guys,
I’m new here - so I thought I bring you a :cookie:.

I work for a security company as a graphic designer. We just purchased a LED-Wall which is located directly in front of our office next to a highway. We want to bring new costumers into our outlet which is beneath our main office. I think this is a great oppurtunity for us and especially for me get creative and I’m really excited about that.

Now to my question: Do you have any suggestions or inspiration how to deal with the LED-Wall? Maybe you did something similiar yourself and can show me your work? Any ideas or thoughts?

I hope everything is understandable, english is not my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance,
Raphael

First thing, you don’t say where you are located.
In the US, a lot of states and cities have sign ordinances about digital signage that have to be followed when you install and design them. The Dept of Transportation sometimes gets involved too if the sign is within view of a highway or major thoroughfare. There are rules that say whether or not you can have animated content and how often the sign can change imagery.
The idea being not to cause accidents on the highway.

Other than that, it’s just another billboard. People are traveling 60mph and already distracted by their phones. You have 3 seconds to get your message across. Make it count.

What kind of “outlet” does a security company run? I imagine a retail floor, perhaps offering items like alarm systems, smart locks, etc., and maybe instruments for personal protection or self-defense.

In any case, PD’s right; it’s really just a billboard, and the key to making the design side of it work will be attention-grabbing visuals and a succinct, quick-digesting message.

Thank you for your assistance.
I’m located in Austria, to my knowledge we don’t have any rules depending LED walls. But I see the idea behind that. Maybe I described it poorly, but our LED wall isn’t visible from the highway itself, it’s only visible from the highway exit. So you exit the highway, and then the first thing you see is our wall.
I will just take care of it like for any other billboard as you suggested, maybe that will help me.

Well, you are kinda right. We also sell articles which are almost out of stock, so you can buy a safe f.e. aswell. We also have a fashion outlet with products from our “fashion online shop” which we also run. So it’s called a “security & style outlet”. I know this might be confusing, but it works out really well.

An exit ramp is still part of the highway and probably even more subject to safety regulation.
It’s still considered a “street display.”
Proceed with caution.
Here is an example of part of a display signage law in the the state of Connecticut, USA.
Note the part about using language that could be misinterpreted as safety warnings to drivers. It would surprise me mightily if Austria did not have similar Department of Transportation laws:

By law, outdoor advertising structures, signs, displays, and devices within 660 feet of the edge of the right-of-way of highway on the Interstate Highway system, federal-aid primary system, and other limited access highways are prohibited, except within urban areas, when their advertising message is visible from the main traveled way of the highway. Such signs and structures are prohibited outside of urban areas along these highways even if they are more than 660 feet from the edge of the right-of-way. The following types of signs may be permitted within the 660-foot area, with the approval of the transportation commissioner and subject to regulations he adopts, except if prohibited by state law, local ordinance, or zoning regulation: (1) directional and other official signs and notices, including but not limited to signs pertaining to natural wonders and scenic and historical attractions which are required or authorized by law: (2) signs, displays, and devices advertising the sale or lease of the property on which they are located; and (3) signs, devices, or displays advertising activities conducted on the property on which they are located (CGS § 13a-123).

Subject to DOT regulations and except as prohibited by law, ordinance, or zoning regulation, signs, displays, and devices may be erected within 660 feet of primary and other limited access highways in areas that are zoned for industrial or commercial use or located in unzoned commercial or industrial areas as defined by DOT regulations.

The law prohibits “unauthorized” signs within 300 feet of any state highway. These are signs that have any of the following words: “stop,” “caution,” “danger,” “dangerous,” “warning,” or “slow,” or any other word or character intended to or able to give warning or direction to or interfering with traffic, except if the transportation commissioner approves. However, municipal officers or public utilities may erect any danger or warning sign required by law or any sign designed for the protection of the public or to aid in the utility’s operation (CGS § 13a-124). The transportation commissioner may enter any property and remove any sign that does not conform to these requirements. Anyone violating the prohibitions may be fined up to $100 for the first offense and up to $500 for any subsequent offense.