Lighting effects in Photoshop

I haven’t used this filter in ages but are you KIDDING me Adobe? So PS is phasing out 3D so any v. after 22.2 you can’t use lighting effects. Which blows my mind because that effect was around wayyyy before they introduced anything 3D, I’m thinking CS1 and earlier. You’re also supposed to be able to download v. 22.2 along with the latest versions but it’s not available anywhere I can see in the app. Why is it available in the software if you can’t use it??? I’m soooooooo :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Has anybody found a work around, another app or been able to get a link directly from Adobe?

Did you look it up?

Look what up? The contact info, yes I’m on the phone with them now.

EDIT- In case it comes up, when you open the app, click on the the 3 dots next Photoshop>open and you can find the older version there. But this still really pisses me off. I have to install TWO versions of the software to use it to do something it’s been doing since the 90’s? Ughhhh so pissed.

If you read the release notes you’d know it was being removed.

I have automatic updates turned off and only update periodically. Very rarely would I update to the latest version of any software.

In case you need it - as you can only ever install current version and the previous version - so pretty soon you won’t be able to go back at all.

This is the archive from the Adobe servers

And here’s the help page

Things change - things move on.

Dude, I was venting.

:rofl:

1 Like

Hilarious

I would try a lighting effects tutorial