Logo balance and alignment

Hi guys! I’m really into logo design now and I was looking for some information on balancing combination marks/lockups and alignment. Do you know any videos/ books that dig into this topic of logo design?

What? Can you describe what you think you are looking for in different words maybe?
Balance and alignment are both relative to elements.
Have reasons for everything you do in a logo. You may want to unbalance something for a very good reason.

Sorry that my question wasn’t clear. What I’m looking for is for example how to check if a lockup should be better with the icon on top, left or right of the typography.
Also regarding to balance what I meant is how to check if the wordmark is tipping more to the right or left side, due to some awkward shapes created . Like if you divide the logo horizontally and vertically it is more balanced to one side than the other.
For example, the book “Smashing Logo Design: The Art of Creating Visual Identities” touches very lightly on this topic about logo layout and I was looking for something more in-depth.

I’d say it may be that you’re looking for something formulaic in an area where the essence of being a designer — instinct, sensibility, eye — should prevail. There are no universally applicable principles for calculating shape, balance, and proximity. The ability to massage elements into an aesthetically pleasing and effective composition by feel is what differentiates a designer from an engineer.

Have reasons for everything you do in a logo.
You may want to unbalance something for a very good reason.