Logo in 24 hours?

Hello everyone
while browsing, I found a designer who offer 3 concepts and a logo design in just 24 hours.
is this possible and easy? how can he do this? :slight_smile:

As the old saying goes, “cheap, fast, good . . . pick two.”

2 Likes

@Steve_O
thanks for reply

It’s possible and easy if research isn’t done, no meetings are held, and quality and originality aren’t one’s goals.

3 Likes

@Just-B
yes thanks for reply

As long he(?) is charging $325,489.99, flat, before tax. I can do that for half the fee, mind you.

1 Like

@Eriskay

sorry for my English could you explain more?
sorry also for mistake. I meant she not he.

It was meant to be sarcastic. I was under the impression you’re a native English speaker. Sorry, I should not assume.

@Eriskay
no worries. I got it now :slight_smile:

It depends on the client. A logo for a local lemonade stand with $5 in profit per day, easy. A logo for a global B2C corporation with a trillion in profits per quarter, impossible.

2 Likes

@designzombie
Yes thanks for explaining

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share a link here but once I got logo designed from Fiverr and got 3 options within 3 hours. And honestly speaking, I liked one of them! So I believe, it more depends upon the graphic designer. Some may need a lot of time to think about the concept which is good and some are so quick in creativity and which is good too! Ultimate point is that whether it serves your purpose or not.

Did you do a reverse-image search on the one you liked? :wink:

2 Likes

That doesn’t make it an effective brand design.

The objective of logo design is not to produce a graphic that the client likes.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely interested in knowing that then what is the objective of logo design? Thank you.

There are many, and yes of course the client must buy into the resulting product, but as an objective, that is of relatively low importance in any sense outside of completing the designer/client transaction.

Competent logo design produces an effective identity for a business or product. “Effective” means it produces an effect; not on the client, but on the target market.

In order to produce that effect, the logo designer must identify and analyze the target market. Who are they? What do they want? Where do they look for what they want? What else do they see when they look there? How can I put something there, in that mix, that will strike a meaningful and lasting chord in their internal music? How can I make that something communicate to them in a way that steers their self-perceived needs toward potential fulfillment by my client’s product or service? Where else do they look? How can I also put in front of them there?

There are many more questions that follow, and in order to formulate answers, the competent logo designer does exhaustive research on the client, the client’s business model, the customer experience offered by the client, the client’s competition, the (potential) market position of the client’s product(s) or service(s), among other things that often become case-specific.

Eventually comes work on the graphic itself; honing down from sometimes dozens of prospective concepts, simplifying and subtracting until a succinct but meaningful and confirm-ably unique identity remains. Then comes the work of ensuring the graphic will be easily reproducible (in a technical sense) in all foreseeable applications; at every potential size, on labeling, vehicle wraps, uniforms, billboards, promotional items, cartons, pad-printed, screen-printed, embroidered, projected, on-screen, and on a fax.

Is it color-dependent? Are there potentially problematic small details? Will it read the way I think it does? Will it ever carry a tagline? Am I really stuck with this awful tagline the client thinks is brilliant?

In my rambling here, I’ve over-simplified in order to scratch a surface. Some logo design work is reasonably quick and simple, but when an identity is born from scratch, and destined to make a difference in the life cycle of a product or company, it never happens in a few hours.

You can order up a logo at a fast-food counter if you want, and yes, you might get a graphic that you like.

2 Likes

I totally agree with everything HotButton wrote. At least that’s the way it is supposed to work and it’s the way that will produce the best results for clients.

A crowdsourcing cottage industry, of sorts, has emerged over the past few years that treats logo design as a separate low-cost service that is divorced from the broader scope of a well-considered branding strategy.

Many small- to mid-sized clients are not savvy enough to think in terms of general branding or the skills, experience or strategic thinking that goes into it. These are generally the same clients who don’t have enough cash on hand to invest in doing it the right way.

These clients are typically of the mindset that a logo is mostly just a cool-looking art thing that needs to reflect their tastes and personalities. They don’t initially think in terms of the logo and related visual branding as being a means to engage their target audiences and help achieve goals. Instead, they think in terms of what they like and view designers as decorator technicians who can fine-tune their ideas.

This is a bad formula, but it’s the very formula that has given rise to the whole race-to-the-bottom crowdsourcing industry, where the end goal is to quickly and inexpensively cater to the client’s ignorance by giving clients exactly what they ask for instead of working with them to develop solutions that help achieve their business objectives.

2 Likes

This was a fantastic summary. I occasionally do logos for smaller businesses (my main design background is publishing/print) and when I get a logo project I conference with a good friend who did logos/branding exclusively (and has since branched out) she has taught me to think beyond “does it look nice”.

PetGuard_144dpi This was a logo I designed in under an hour. It was designed with lots of client input–client sat with me as I worked. It is a nice logo. It made my client happy. It did the job perfectly. And I got paid in Starbucks. Full disclosure my client is my 17 year old daughter who needed a logo for a class project website design. She aced the project because her mom had the skills to deliver a professional looking design. She actually had great ideas and input and I do really like this. However, the font was free for personal use only, the dog and bone was an icon font and the only thing I “illustrated” was the lock. This would not work for a real corporation. research would have to be done to make sure that no other pet door company is using these colors or images, or fonts. Then there are all the other things to consider listed in HotButton’s post above.

On a side note:
I “re-did” a logo for a trucking company that went to “99 Design” to buy a logo. (Client kept bragging how people just submitted designs and he got to choose, don’t get me started!) He bought a slick, heavy gradation, complicated Illustrator logo that ultimately didn’t emphasize the correct parts of their long name. It also didn’t work properly on the side of a truck. That $99 logo ended up costing almost $1,000 in time and ultimately it still was a PIA to work with and not really attractive at the end. You get what you pay for, and some poor designer often gets stuck cleaning up the mess.

My mom never did my homework for me. :frowning_face:

2 Likes